Video Senders;

Old July 9th 03, 11:00 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.sky
soundmix

Default Video Senders;

Where can I find comparative reviews of video senders? I've found many
comments on the web and newsgroups about the Philips VL1200 (is the bubbling
on low audio some mention a real problem?) but very little on any others so
any recommendations would be appreciated. The sender will be used from a
digibox in the lounge to a scart equipped bedroom tv with audio fed to a
hi-fi system - I would also prefer one with reverse path for remote control
operation.

Thanks

Alvin

Old July 9th 03, 11:10 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.sky
John Russell

"soundmix" wrote in message
Where can I find comparative reviews of video senders? I've found many
comments on the web and newsgroups about the Philips VL1200 (is the

bubbling
on low audio some mention a real problem?) but very little on any others

so
any recommendations would be appreciated. The sender will be used from a
digibox in the lounge to a scart equipped bedroom tv with audio fed to a
hi-fi system - I would also prefer one with reverse path for remote

control
operation.

Thanks

Alvin

I got the Philex super wand and the remote return died. I swapped it or the
Philips and havn't had a problem. The picture is a lot better than the
Philex.
But we are using it on a smallish TV in the bedroom and watching from 20ft.

I think amazon have it now for about 70.

Old July 9th 03, 05:28 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.sky
JG

"soundmix" wrote in message
Where can I find comparative reviews of video senders? I've found many
comments on the web and newsgroups about the Philips VL1200 (is the bubbling
on low audio some mention a real problem?) but very little on any others so
any recommendations would be appreciated. The sender will be used from a
digibox in the lounge to a scart equipped bedroom tv with audio fed to a
hi-fi system - I would also prefer one with reverse path for remote control
operation.

Thanks

Alvin

I have a OneForAll type. The picture an sound is excellent (I use an old 21
inch TV in the bedroom). The remote control return is a bit flaky but it does
work. For example, I sometimes have to hold a key down for longer than usual to
change the channel.

Overall, I am quite pleased with it.

Regards,
JG

Old July 9th 03, 09:07 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.sky
Graham

"soundmix" wrote in message
Where can I find comparative reviews of video senders? I've found many
comments on the web and newsgroups about the Philips VL1200 (is the

bubbling
on low audio some mention a real problem?) but very little on any others

so
any recommendations would be appreciated. The sender will be used from a
digibox in the lounge to a scart equipped bedroom tv with audio fed to a
hi-fi system - I would also prefer one with reverse path for remote

control
operation.

Thanks

Alvin

AEI here from Argos - No complaints so far - just a bit of interference when
walking around the room.

Remote works well.

Graham

Old July 9th 03, 09:35 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.sky
Tiny Tim

Graham wrote:
"soundmix" wrote in message
Where can I find comparative reviews of video senders? I've found
many comments on the web and newsgroups about the Philips VL1200 (is
the bubbling on low audio some mention a real problem?) but very
little on any others so any recommendations would be appreciated.
The sender will be used from a digibox in the lounge to a scart
equipped bedroom tv with audio fed to a hi-fi system - I would also
prefer one with reverse path for remote control operation.

Thanks

Alvin

AEI here from Argos - No complaints so far - just a bit of
interference when walking around the room.

Remote works well.

My unit from Tchibo works well too. Picture and sound both seem fine passed
though a VCR to my 22 year old 14" portable via RF. It certainly improves by
a significant margin on the little loop aerial that came with the set.
Remote signal is carried reliably back to my digibox although I do need to
point the remote fairly accurately at the receiver unit.

Regarding the interference, my sender/receiver units each have a little
satellite dish shaped antenna (as I think is common to all). If I have them
lined up facing each other (about 20' apart) then I get interference when
walking around too. However, if I turn the bedroom antenna through 90
degrees so that it is perpendicular to the sender then this interference all
but disappears.

Old July 10th 03, 10:18 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.sky
bbk

I use the AEI DigiSender from Argos. It has 2 SCART inputs so you can
connect to 2 things. The IR works fine on both my DVD Player and my Pace
Digibox. No problems with the sound or picture at all.

Great piece of kit that I would recommend.

--
bbk
XBL Gamertag - bigbaldkev