Nokia 221T

Old July 7th 03, 07:36 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Marcus Durham

Default Nokia 221T

Been given one of these boxes. Found some instructions online, but they
haven't been much help.

I initially plugged in the box and the right hand LED flashed green for
about 2 seconds then the left red LED flashed very briefly. This cycled
for about 20 minutes whilst I fiddled about trying to get the thing to
go the TV.

I'd all but given up and then it suddenly fired into life and was OK.

However I then put the unit into standby and it's back into the same
cycle. Can't get it on and it sits there just flashing. Except after
about a minute it now shows a non flashing red LED on the left. Press
any key it flashes on both sides a couple of times, and goes back into
the cycle again.

Anyone know if this is a sign of a faulty box. It had just been laying
around when it was given to me, but was known to be working a while ago.

When I did have it on, it worked perfectly and signal strength was about
95%.

Cheers.
--
Marcus Durham
Old July 8th 03, 11:02 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ed Crowley

"Marcus Durham" wrote in message

[...]

I had the same problem. Your box is faulty.

Old July 8th 03, 08:40 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Marcus Durham

In message , Ed Crowley
writes
[snip]
I had the same problem. Your box is faulty.

I've been told by someone in the know that it's to do with a bad
software update.

At the moment the box seems fine, it's only when I turn it off it gets
in a strop. Leave it long enough and it's comes straight back on!

--
Marcus Durham
Old July 8th 03, 09:17 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave

Marcus Durham writes
In message , Ed Crowley
writes
[snip]
I had the same problem. Your box is faulty.

I've been told by someone in the know that it's to do with a bad
software update.

At the moment the box seems fine, it's only when I turn it off it gets
in a strop. Leave it long enough and it's comes straight back on!

Mine did something similar. But it had to be switched off occasionally
when it locked up on text pages. Leave it unplugged for a while and it
would work OK.

However, the length of time it had to be left unplugged grew from a
minutes to a day. So I had it replaced.

--
Dave