DigiTv & Linux

Old July 6th 03, 06:03 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jaime

Default DigiTv & Linux

Someone mentioed that linux TV had beta support for the nebula card,
however bing relativly new to linux and not understanding these things
much I can not install linux tv (I think thats what its called) to see
if it workes. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

Jaime

Old July 6th 03, 06:42 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Chris p

Jaime wrote:
Someone mentioed that linux TV had beta support for the nebula card,
however bing relativly new to linux and not understanding these things
much I can not install linux tv (I think thats what its called) to see
if it workes. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

Jaime

use mandrake 9.1 has good tv card support

Old July 6th 03, 06:59 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Rob Amour

Jaime,

Old July 6th 03, 07:44 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jaime

Jaime,

Have a look at www.linuxtv.org

Rob.

I did, and I coudn't work out how to install it, and guides for an beginner
to install this kind of thing.

Thanks

Jaime

Old July 7th 03, 02:23 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Clark

Jaime wrote:
Thanks very much, I'll have a go sometime soon, although te following line
dosnt inspire confidence:

"The setup isn't 'easy'. I've been using Unix since '94 and linux from mid
'95 and it took me about half a day to get a picture."

Jaime

You're unlikely to break anything permanently. The only things you're
likely to lose are your time, your temper and your patience

Old July 7th 03, 08:44 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Darren Wilkinson

reply to chipsuar.chipsuarremove this at charitydays.co.uk
"Ian Clark" wrote in message
Jaime wrote:
Thanks very much, I'll have a go sometime soon, although te following

line
dosnt inspire confidence:

"The setup isn't 'easy'. I've been using Unix since '94 and linux from

mid
'95 and it took me about half a day to get a picture."

Jaime

You're unlikely to break anything permanently. The only things you're
likely to lose are your time, your temper and your patience

Has anyone managed to get DigiTV to work on Linux yet?

I thought those drivers only worked with the nova/dec pci?

Old July 8th 03, 10:15 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave English

In message , Jaime
writes
Have a look at www.linuxtv.org

Rob.

Bit out of date, but it might help http://www.linux101.org/DTTV_on_Linux

Thanks very much, I'll have a go sometime soon, although te following line
dosnt inspire confidence:

"The setup isn't 'easy'. I've been using Unix since '94 and linux from mid
'95 and it took me about half a day to get a picture."

Throw back to the early days of television then ;-)
--
Dave English,
Client Software Development, Thus PLC,