BBC1 reception in West Edinburgh (analogue and Freeview)

Old October 11th 04, 10:54 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ricky

Default BBC1 reception in West Edinburgh (analogue and Freeview)

Hi there,

Is it just me or has the strength of the BBC1 analogue signal AND the
quality of the BBC1 signal on Freeview dropped considerably in the
past few weeks?

BBC1 analogue is now fairly snowy (but still watchable), and the
freeview signal breaks up too much to actually watch.

I live in West Edinburgh with a fairly good unblocked path between me
and Craigkelly.

The odd thing is that none of the other channels seems to have been
affected - even other freeview channels on the same Mux. Even the
lower bitrate channels (on other muxes) are fine to watch.

Has this been observed by anyone else or is there just something
screwey going on in my house?

Ric.
Old October 11th 04, 11:10 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Stewart Smith

Ricky wrote:
Hi there,

Is it just me or has the strength of the BBC1 analogue signal AND the
quality of the BBC1 signal on Freeview dropped considerably in the
past few weeks?

BBC1 analogue is now fairly snowy (but still watchable), and the
freeview signal breaks up too much to actually watch.

I live in West Edinburgh with a fairly good unblocked path between me
and Craigkelly.

The odd thing is that none of the other channels seems to have been
affected - even other freeview channels on the same Mux. Even the
lower bitrate channels (on other muxes) are fine to watch.

Has this been observed by anyone else or is there just something
screwey going on in my house?

Not noticed anything wrong with BBC1 myself but Channel 42 (the MUX with the Sky
news channels) disappeared yesterday. I'm assuming I get the freeview
transmission from Craigkelly as well.

Stewart
--
You are about to enter... The Scary Door...

Old October 11th 04, 12:07 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
soup

Ricky popped their head over the parapet saw what was going on and said

Is it just me or has the strength of the BBC1 analogue signal AND the
quality of the BBC1 signal on Freeview dropped considerably in the
past few weeks?

BBC1 analogue is now fairly snowy (but still watchable), and the
freeview signal breaks up too much to actually watch.

Has this been observed by anyone else or is there just something
screwey going on in my house?

We have a cable box in the lounge so won't have been affected
but the youngest son has a freeview box in his room but he
has said nothing about BBC1 not 'working' and we live in
Balerno so that's about as west Edinburgh as it's possible to get.
May well be your setup, we have a loft aerial at mo' pointing
basically
north and working through two Gable ends and a roof
(planning an outside aerial) and yet we still get a good enough
"Digi-signal" to not "drop" channels all the time we are using a
pace "digi-box" at mo' but we used to have a Bush "Digi-box"
which did seem to drop channels (or freeze) with monotonous
regularity so perhaps the type of box (manufacturer) is as important
as signal strength ?

--
yours S