Goats.

Old January 19th 18, 05:06 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Goats.

Beware of the goats.
Apparently somebody decided it would be a great idea to get some goats in
at a remote place in the Yorkshire dales )According to a guy being
interviewed on the radio a few days ago), but although this helped keep the
bracken down, the goat also managed to eat right through their television
aerial cable which was mounted atop a telegraph pole on the scrubland where
the goat was.
So when we hear of rats and mice eating cables, it seems that Goats should
also be avoided too.

Old January 19th 18, 07:31 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 19/01/2018 17:06, Brian Gaff wrote:

So when we hear of rats and mice eating cables, it seems that Goats should
also be avoided too.
Brian

I have seen aerial cables that have been attacked by:
crows
dogs
rabbits indoors (nest inside the settee)
rabbits wild
squirrels
rats
mice
horse (pulled it and snapped it)
some sort of gerbil thing
a turkey
cows (pushed the fence over and snapped the cable)

However the biggest culprit by far is homo sapiens:
ordinary vandalism
vandalism as part of neighbour dispute
arson in the bin room
arson in the underground car park
theft
vandalism as part of a racist campaign
accidental damage whilst pruning
attempts to connect extra feeds to the trunk in the loft.

Old January 19th 18, 07:47 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Bill Wright wrote:

I have seen aerial cables that have been attacked by:
[list of animals]
However the biggest culprit by far is homo sapiens:
ordinary vandalism

Does that include pushing various pins into them?

Old January 20th 18, 12:24 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_12_]

Bill Wright wrote:

I have seen aerial cables that have been attacked by:
[list of animals]
However the biggest culprit by far is homo sapiens:
ordinary vandalism

Does that include pushing various pins into them?

Our debt collector used to do that if he was denied access.

He would go back the following day posing as an engineer, and
repossess the telly.

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Old January 20th 18, 02:45 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 20/01/2018 00:24, Graham. wrote:
Bill Wright wrote:

I have seen aerial cables that have been attacked by:
[list of animals]
However the biggest culprit by far is homo sapiens:
ordinary vandalism

Does that include pushing various pins into them?

Our debt collector used to do that if he was denied access.

He would go back the following day posing as an engineer, and
repossess the telly.

Yes, it was a common ploy.

Old January 20th 18, 09:35 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Oh I had no idea that there were so many issues with aerial cables.
Obviously a sore point with many here.
I did strip back the pvc on an old aerial for the first telly we had and
used the braid as a short wave aerial, worked fine till the put the telly
on.

news

Old January 20th 18, 09:54 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

On 19/01/2018 19:31, Bill Wright wrote:

I have seen aerial cables that have been attacked by:
crows
dogs
rabbits indoors (nest inside the settee)
rabbits wild
squirrels
rats
mice
horse (pulled it and snapped it)
some sort of gerbil thing
a turkey
cows (pushed the fence over and snapped the cable)

I can add snails to that list.

Old January 20th 18, 03:44 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Brian-Gaff

Snails, by express delivery.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
read my posts! :-)

Old January 22nd 18, 11:41 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Friday, 19 January 2018 19:31:49 UTC, wrote:
[...]

Bill

You missed "$ky engineers" off the list of animals.