TOT: CEE17 socket

Old January 6th 18, 08:39 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

Default TOT: CEE17 socket

Greetings all,

I need a blue CEE17 (BS4343) mains inlet connector (i.e. a trailing
socket) with 90deg cable entry. I have seen these often on the
continent but not in this country - save for a connector with rear
2-pin outlet from Towsure.

We have just got a new caravan with a stand-alone mains inlet under a
flap. With a conventional 'long' socket the flap sits at near
horizontal and is asking to get knocked off. With a 90deg (down) cable
entry the flap should sit much lower and therefore safer.

Anyone got any ideas of a source/make?

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old January 6th 18, 09:12 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

On Saturday, 6 January 2018 20:39:06 UTC, Woody wrote:
I need a blue CEE17 (BS4343) mains inlet connector (i.e. a trailing
socket) with 90deg cable entry.

Walther Angled Connector cat No 316306 , possibly obtainable from CEF on special order

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0017VN4AE

You could buy from France. We are still in the EU.

http://www.ludospace.com/article.php3?id_article=11607

Part J161 from http://www.semlohelectrics.co.uk (Trade, any auto electrician should be able to order)

Owain

Old January 6th 18, 09:18 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Woody wrote:

I need a blue CEE17 (BS4343) mains inlet connector (i.e. a trailing
socket) with 90deg cable entry.

I could only see one down angled trailing plug, which I know is no use
for you. Seems if angling is required, it's expected to be done at the
wall-mounted part not the trailing part.

https://google.co.uk/search?tbm=isch&q=IEC+60309+6h+angled

Old January 7th 18, 10:18 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

wrote in message
On Saturday, 6 January 2018 20:39:06 UTC, Woody wrote:
I need a blue CEE17 (BS4343) mains inlet connector (i.e. a trailing
socket) with 90deg cable entry.

Walther Angled Connector cat No 316306 , possibly obtainable from
CEF on special order

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0017VN4AE

You could buy from France. We are still in the EU.

http://www.ludospace.com/article.php3?id_article=11607

Part J161 from http://www.semlohelectrics.co.uk (Trade, any auto
electrician should be able to order)

Thanks all for the replies.

The Amazon item is what I want and appears to be the J161 of the thrid
item.

The 'French' item is the same as sold by Towsure but ofr some reason
that I cannot afthom it has a Schuko socket in the back of it!

The ones I have seen in France actually look something like a
multi-outlet LNB - a blue connection section with a vertical 'box' for
the power cable.

Harrogate may not be an industrial centre but we have five or six
electrical wholesalers plus Screwfix and Toolstation, so I'll keep my
fingers crossed!