Amazon malfunction in prime?...

Old December 9th 17, 10:29 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Yellow[_3_]

Default Amazon malfunction in prime?...

On Sat, 9 Dec 2017 20:25:22 +0000, Andy Burns
wrote:

Brian Gaff wrote:

Audible are quite good [...] I'd rather have real people reading it

Are you saying audible is a robot reading an ebook? I assumed it was a
human ...

Audible use humans to read their audiobooks but you can also use the
kindle app on some devices, and some kindles, to robot read ebooks out
loud.
Old December 10th 17, 09:46 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Martin wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

Are you saying audible is a robot reading an ebook? I assumed it was a
human ...

AFAIR the original Kindle could do robot reading as a function? I may be wrong.

I was aware of that (mainly due to hearing complaints that some kindles
don't have a headphone socket). That's why I assumed Audible had to be
more that just that.

Old December 29th 17, 09:54 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Yellow wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

Are you saying audible is a robot reading an ebook? I assumed it was a
human ...

Audible use humans to read their audiobooks but you can also use the
kindle app on some devices, and some kindles, to robot read ebooks out
loud.

The samples have a USA accent, but the intonation of this text to speech
is better than most I've heard

https://google.github.io/tacotron/publications/tacotron2/index.html