How are you Fire TV folk going to see your YouTube from 01.01.18

Old December 9th 17, 02:59 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Yellow[_3_]

Default How are you Fire TV folk going to see your YouTube from 01.01.18

On Sat, 9 Dec 2017 06:50:16 -0800 (PST), TonyGamble
wrote:

Tony

You can sideload apps using ES File Explorer but whether this will work
for youTube I don't know. But if it does become possible there will be
loads of info on the internet telling us how to do it.

Thanks Yellow,

If you look at my posting at 8.48 am you'll see I did it.

Tony

OK - found it.

I am not sure what you mean in that post - did you get to youTube via
kodi?

Anyway - it looks as if something is possible at least so that is good
news. :-)

Old December 9th 17, 04:00 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
TonyGamble

I am not sure what you mean in that post - did you get to youTube via
kodi?

Yes.

It is a real muddle compared with the YouTube on the Fire TV

Tony
Old December 9th 17, 05:48 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
TonyGamble

This seems to be a better YT app - more like the one via Amazon.

It also does not need Kodi.

https://troypoint.com/install-youtub...fire-tv-stick/

I haven't got time to try it this evening as we are going out - but I will look at it asap.

Tony
Old December 9th 17, 07:56 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Yellow[_3_]

On Sat, 9 Dec 2017 08:00:34 -0800 (PST), TonyGamble
wrote:

I am not sure what you mean in that post - did you get to youTube via
kodi?

Yes.

It is a real muddle compared with the YouTube on the Fire TV

Tony

Any port in a storm I guess but fingers cross there will be other
solutions or the Amazon/Google 'children' just learn to grow up.

I did read that of course it has ****ed off quite a bit of the youTube
"community" as they are anticipating a drop in their advertising revenue
but how much influence they have I do not know.
Old December 9th 17, 07:57 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Yellow[_3_]

On Sat, 9 Dec 2017 09:48:33 -0800 (PST), TonyGamble
wrote:

This seems to be a better YT app - more like the one via Amazon.

It also does not need Kodi.

https://troypoint.com/install-youtub...fire-tv-stick/

I haven't got time to try it this evening as we are going out - but I will look at it asap.

Tony

Good find. Let us know how you get on.
Old December 10th 17, 10:01 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

On Sat, 9 Dec 2017 04:07:59 -0800 (PST), TonyGamble
wrote:

I have what I think is the second incarnation of this device, which
has both of the above features, and works very well and is easy to
use. I like it, but if I end up replacing it on account of Youtube
being disabled, then I won't be replacing it with another Amazon box.

What will you get then, Rod?

Not sure, but there's a box called the MX10 that looks quite good.
Search for MX10 on Amazon. The remote control looks almost as simple
as the Amazon one, and the box is presumably generic Android with
nobody's customisation or restrictive features.

Old December 10th 17, 03:12 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
TonyGamble

Not sure, but there's a box called the MX10 that looks quite good.
Search for MX10 on Amazon. The remote control looks almost as simple
as the Amazon one, and the box is presumably generic Android with
nobody's customisation or restrictive features.

Rod.

Looks fine to me. And there are plenty others even on Amazon.

I have just loaded this on my Fire TV
https://troypoint.com/install-youtub...fire-tv-stick/

The YouTube GUI is similar to the native (legit) version. I have not fiddled with it for lots of time but at the moment it looks like something I could live with if the legit version goes.

Tony