Things you miss on tv when you cannot see.

Old December 7th 17, 03:26 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Things you miss on tv when you cannot see.

Apparently the lady presenting the weather the other night only had one arm.
I'd never have known from the voice...:-)

I mean is this really that unusual? Not everyone is the same after all.
Ask the same person what the forecast said they could not tell you as they
were too busy worrying about her missing arm.

Oh dear.

Old December 7th 17, 04:09 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
charles[_2_]

In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:
Apparently the lady presenting the weather the other night only had one
arm. I'd never have known from the voice...:-)

That's almost a line from the Footlights (1962) and David Frost sketch
(later) - "Good Morniig from the Pool of London". The original was " you'd
never think to hear hom speak, that he had a wooden leg"

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Old December 7th 17, 05:14 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Gaines

On 07/12/2017 in message Brian Gaff wrote:

Apparently the lady presenting the weather the other night only had one
arm. I'd never have known from the voice...:-)

I mean is this really that unusual? Not everyone is the same after all.
Ask the same person what the forecast said they could not tell you as they
were too busy worrying about her missing arm.

Oh dear.

Brian

There was a bit of a fuss when the BBC recruited her as they set out to
find somebody with a visible disability even if they knew nothing about
weather. It's a bit distracting but nothing like as distracting as Louise
Lear doing the weather as she did tonight. She must be one of the most
attractive women in the world!

--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day.
Old December 7th 17, 05:32 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

On 07/12/2017 17:14, Jeff Gaines wrote:

There was a bit of a fuss when the BBC recruited her as they set out to
find somebody with a visible disability even if they knew nothing about
weather.

Actually, the BBC poached her. She was presenting a children's
programme on another channel when I first saw her.

Old December 7th 17, 07:08 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

On Thu, 7 Dec 2017 15:26:51 -0000
"Brian Gaff" wrote:

Apparently the lady presenting the weather the other night only had
one arm. I'd never have known from the voice...:-)

Actually, she has complete left arm and her right arm has been
amputated just below the elbow, at least that's how it appears. You can
see when she attempts to lift her right forearm, but only an inch or so
is there to move.
Now she has been on a few times, I find it is getting less distracting.

--
Davey.
Old December 7th 17, 07:33 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

On 07/12/2017 17:32, Indy Jess John wrote:
On 07/12/2017 17:14, Jeff Gaines wrote:

There was a bit of a fuss when the BBC recruited her as they set out to
find somebody with a visible disability even if they knew nothing about
weather.

Actually, the BBC poached her.* She was presenting a children's
programme on another channel when I first saw her.

Where she scared the kiddies ISTR.

--
Max Demian
Old December 7th 17, 08:31 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 07/12/2017 17:14, Jeff Gaines wrote:

There was a bit of a fuss when the BBC recruited her as they set out to
find somebody with a visible disability even if they knew nothing about
weather.

That's a bit stupid. Why didn't they find a meteorologist and tell them
they could have the job if they'd have their arm cut off?

Old December 7th 17, 09:00 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

It was meant to be a pun. I'm glad somebody spotted it. We also have a game
in the blind world if that actually exists. Black or not.
I'm sure you can guess what its about. Politically incorrect but who cares?

Old December 7th 17, 09:05 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

The person that makes me laugh though I gather she does not mind is the lady
continuity announcer who I think Ch 4 have used with a problem with her
speech where an unrelated word will get mixed in with the script she is
reading.
it goes something like.
And at 9Pm we have another Hedgehog chance to see beetle beetle the
critically acclaimed hedgehog documentary about the sex trade in Beetle
Hamburg.

Old December 7th 17, 09:08 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Actually Kids are really cool with people with disabilities, they have not
yet learned to be frightened of us.

Its the adults who cause me most of the troubles. Kids may send up disabled
people but its just mostly light hearted, Adults can be really nasty and
clueless completely.

news