Radio I Player vs Podcasts?

Old December 4th 17, 04:38 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Radio I Player vs Podcasts?

On 03/12/2017 19:18, Max Demian wrote:

It isn't a matter of having a perfect memory: it's just that it's
annoying to see the same trivial thing again. ("I've seen that bit!" "I
know what happens next!") Just as bad is the way they show snippets of
the programme to come at the beginning.

I don't bother with any of it. The smugness irritates me too much. I'd
rather chat to real people who live outside the bubble.

Old December 4th 17, 08:10 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mike[_19_]

In article ,
Bill Wright wrote:
Anyway, I listened to the Now Show this week, as I usually do, on
headphones whilst walking the dogs.

It's so biased towards the left.

Hinting for new headphones for Xmas?

Mike Brown: mjb[-at-]signal11.org.uk | http://www.signal11.org.uk
Old December 4th 17, 08:27 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Jackson[_7_]

In message , Bill Wright
writes
Anyway, I listened to the Now Show this week, as I usually do, on
headphones whilst walking the dogs. I normaqlly find it irritating but
this week I just couldn't stand it so after the first half I walked in
silence. It's so biased towards the left.

Bill

The Now Show is all about satire. The right doesn't really do a lot of
satire.
--
Ian
Old December 4th 17, 09:09 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Bill Wright wrote:

I listened to the Now Show this week, as I usually do, on
headphones whilst walking the dogs. I normaqlly find it irritating

So why listen?

Old December 4th 17, 02:28 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 04/12/2017 08:27, Ian Jackson wrote:
In message , Bill Wright
writes
Anyway, I listened to the Now Show this week, as I usually do, on
headphones whilst walking the dogs. I normaqlly find it irritating but
this week I just couldn't stand it so after the first half I walked in
silence. It's so biased towards the left.

Bill

The Now Show is all about satire. The right doesn't really do a lot of
satire.

But mostly they only satirise the right. Corbyn usually gets a dig, just
for a cheap laugh, but that's about it. And when they have a dig at him
it's always quite friendly and fond, not bitter and nasty like when they
have a go at Thatcher. Yes they still go on about Thatch!

Old December 4th 17, 02:29 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 04/12/2017 09:09, Andy Burns wrote:
Bill Wright wrote:

I listened to the Now Show this week, as I usually do, on
headphones whilst walking the dogs. I normaqlly find it irritating

So why listen?

Good point.

Old December 4th 17, 11:00 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Paul Ratcliffe

On Mon, 4 Dec 2017 04:17:52 +0000, Bill Wright
wrote:

Anyway, I listened to the Now Show this week, as I usually do, on
headphones whilst walking the dogs. I normaqlly find it irritating but
this week I just couldn't stand it so after the first half I walked in
silence. It's so biased towards the left.

Turn your headphones round.
Old December 5th 17, 01:27 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

wrote:

Anyway, I listened to the Now Show this week, as I usually do, on
headphones whilst walking the dogs. I normaqlly find it irritating but
this week I just couldn't stand it so after the first half I walked in
silence. It's so biased towards the left.

Turn your headphones round.

Weirdly it makes no difference.

Old December 8th 17, 01:18 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Paul Ratcliffe

wrote:

Anyway, I listened to the Now Show this week, as I usually do, on
headphones whilst walking the dogs. I normaqlly find it irritating but
this week I just couldn't stand it so after the first half I walked in
silence. It's so biased towards the left.

Turn your headphones round.

Weirdly it makes no difference.

Can't be the headphones then. Must be you.
Old December 8th 17, 03:30 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 08/12/2017 01:18, Paul Ratcliffe wrote:

Turn your headphones round.

Weirdly it makes no difference.

Can't be the headphones then. Must be you.

No, most of my friends have the same problem. We're pretty sure it's the
source material.