BBC Drivel update.

Old November 29th 17, 09:40 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default BBC Drivel update.

Changes to the BBC Privacy and Cookies Policy

Changes to the BBC Privacy and Cookies Policy

Hello,

We've made some changes to the BBC's Privacy and Cookies Policy. We've done
this so that we can introduce new features, while protecting your data and
putting you in control of what happens to it.

You can view the updated Privacy and Cookies Policy by going to
bib.co.uk and searching for our Privacy and Cookies Policy or by clicking on
the link below.

What's Planned?
We've been working to make it easier to sign in to your BBC account,
and enable you to get more out of BBC Online. Here's a glance at what we've
got planned:
.. Save your BBC account on your mobile to sign in more quickly. When you
sign in to a BBC app on your mobile device or tablet, your account will be
remembered on that device, so the next time you sign in to a BBC app, your
account will be ready for you to use.
.. Use your BBC account through voice enabled devices. Sign in to your
account through Amazon Alexa, and other digital voice assistants in the
future, to access all your favourite BBC radio stations and podcasts.
While we work hard to give you these new and better experiences, our Privacy
Promise is always in place to ensure you are protected. It's focused on
providing you Transparency, Choice and Trust, and we'd encourage you to read
it in detail. If you ever have questions about your agreement with us you
can read more in Using the BBC.

All the best,

The BBC

You're receiving this service email message because you registered for a
BBC account. Unless you've signed up for any BBC newsletters, we'll only
email you if we need to contact you about changes to your account.

The BBC will never ask you to update any information in your
account from service emails.

Please note that BBC accounts for children are designed
exclusively for users in the UK. These accounts are not suitable for
children outside the UK.

This email is sent from an automated account which is not
monitored and so we're unable to respond to replies to this email. If you
have any questions about your account, you'll find lots of useful info on
our FAQs page.

BBC Broadcasting House, Portland Place, London, W1A 1AA, UK

===
Dear Mr BBC, I simply do not understand your comments about radio here as to
the best of my knowledge one can listen to online and other radio services
without logging in at all, therefore you extras seem totally pointless.
Indeed I can say to my echo, Alexa Play BBC radio 2 and it will do so,
sometimes even without buffering and glitches if one is really lucky. I also
resent the fact that you seem to suggest that Children in other countries
are in some way inferior to the UK children. Does this mean Syrian immigrant
children cannot listen to the BBC on their phones?

Confused of Chessington.

Old November 29th 17, 10:25 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

On Wed, 29 Nov 2017 09:40:39 -0000, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

[quote from BBC]
We've been working to make it easier to sign in to your BBC account,
and enable you to get more out of BBC Online.

[...]

What about working to make it possible for me to continue to listen to
the radio, and watch television, without signing into anything at all,
as I've been able to do for the past sixty-odd years?

Old November 29th 17, 10:43 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Robin[_8_]

On 29/11/2017 10:25, Roderick Stewart wrote:
On Wed, 29 Nov 2017 09:40:39 -0000, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

[quote from BBC]
We've been working to make it easier to sign in to your BBC account,
and enable you to get more out of BBC Online.

[...]

What about working to make it possible for me to continue to listen to
the radio, and watch television, without signing into anything at all,
as I've been able to do for the past sixty-odd years?

60 years ago I could watch a television program (on a television) or
listen to a radio program (on a radio) as it was broadcast. I can still
do that without signing in to anything. I know of no plans to require
it. Am I missing something?

--
Robin
Old November 29th 17, 11:24 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Robin[_8_]

On 29/11/2017 11:02, Martin wrote:
On Wed, 29 Nov 2017 10:43:45 +0000, Robin wrote:

On 29/11/2017 10:25, Roderick Stewart wrote:
On Wed, 29 Nov 2017 09:40:39 -0000, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

[quote from BBC]
We've been working to make it easier to sign in to your BBC account,
and enable you to get more out of BBC Online.
[...]

What about working to make it possible for me to continue to listen to
the radio, and watch television, without signing into anything at all,
as I've been able to do for the past sixty-odd years?

60 years ago I could watch a television program (on a television) or
listen to a radio program (on a radio) as it was broadcast. I can still
do that without signing in to anything. I know of no plans to require
it. Am I missing something?

The joys of using BBC iPlayer? :-)

I never said live transmissions through the ether were the _only_ way I
accessed the BBC's emissions. IMHO that'd be akin to sticking to the
missionary position 50-odd years after the Annus Mirabilis when sex was
invented in Britain

--
Robin
Old November 29th 17, 02:10 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Phi

I have four iPlayer accounts now, because i can never remember them when
signing up on different computers.

"Robin" wrote in message
On 29/11/2017 11:02, Martin wrote:
On Wed, 29 Nov 2017 10:43:45 +0000, Robin wrote:

On 29/11/2017 10:25, Roderick Stewart wrote:
On Wed, 29 Nov 2017 09:40:39 -0000, "Brian Gaff"

[quote from BBC]

Old November 29th 17, 06:03 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Well as far as I am able to tell you can listen to radio this way as long as
you are in the uk I have a desktop app for it, and it just plays the
stations. If they alter this it would be bonkers as radio does not need a
licence anyhow. I'd love for example for their sign in to keep me always
able, by default to get an audio described stream or I player channel so I
do not have to keep on faffing about trying to see where they put this
button this week. That would save me a lot of time. However I am not
interested in doing anything radio wise more than auto downloading
podcasts, listening to content live or after the event. I can do that now
with apps on my computer. If they introduce log in for this is will stop me
from doing what is easy now.
Do they listen? I doubt it since they take great pains in sending from an
email which is not monitored and nowhere in that email do they give an
address for feedback and if you try to find one you get a response form
which usually has no actual subject which in any way reflects the query you
need answering and when you get a reply its obvious nobody with a brain cell
working has read what you said in any case.

"Roderick Stewart" wrote in message
On Wed, 29 Nov 2017 09:40:39 -0000, "Brian Gaff"

[quote from BBC]

Old November 29th 17, 06:08 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

No but since there is now so much interference about a lot of the content is
taken from online streams and these at least for radio should be as it is
for on air in my humble opinion and I've seen no change thus far but this
message does make me wonder what their motive might be.
They need to apply their minds to stupidity issues, such as the internet
feed when a sports item is put out on local radio merely has a loop telling
you they do not have the rights yet often the stations fm transmitter has a
different program an this could be put onto the online stream instead. I've
seen it on Solent and Surrey/Sussex. Laziness that is what it is.

"Robin" wrote in message
On 29/11/2017 10:25, Roderick Stewart wrote:
On Wed, 29 Nov 2017 09:40:39 -0000, "Brian Gaff"

[quote from BBC]

Old November 29th 17, 06:12 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Don't worry its only in the last month or so that they have managed to
retain my account details I do remember, as it seems if you did not use the
account almost weekly you got deleted and had to start again.
I'm glad they are not running the benefits system, or maybe they are?

news

"Robin" wrote in message
On 29/11/2017 11:02, Martin wrote:
On Wed, 29 Nov 2017 10:43:45 +0000, Robin wrote:

On 29/11/2017 10:25, Roderick Stewart wrote:
On Wed, 29 Nov 2017 09:40:39 -0000, "Brian Gaff"

[quote from BBC]

Old November 29th 17, 06:15 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Knowing them they have probably made the streams a different address, who
knows.I'll try later on but I do know that actually listening to streams of
I player radio from world service does not always seem to work and is gritty
and sometimes gets its end chopped off. Nobody doing any checking again.

"Martin" wrote in message
On Wed, 29 Nov 2017 10:25:18 +0000, Roderick Stewart
wrote:

On Wed, 29 Nov 2017 09:40:39 -0000, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

[quote from BBC]
We've been working to make it easier to sign in to your BBC account,
and enable you to get more out of BBC Online.

[...]

What about working to make it possible for me to continue to listen to
the radio, and watch television, without signing into anything at all,
as I've been able to do for the past sixty-odd years?

Is the recent Roberts Radio problem connected to having to sign in?
I can listen to BBC using Opera without needing to sign in.
--

Martin in Zuid Holland