2018 Q1 700 MHz Clearance details

Old November 24th 17, 04:34 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
charles[_2_]

Default 2018 Q1 700 MHz Clearance details

In article ,
Mark Carver wrote:
On 24/11/2017 16:02, NY wrote:
"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
And another thing. How on earth can I tell about the colour of the
entry unless I turn on attribute reading and if I do that I'll be here
all year reading it.
Normally to make this stuff accessible they use an asterisk next to
the altered item for goodness sake. Bloody ignorant bar stewards.

Which transmitter are you on? I'll describe the changes for you.

Brian is on Crystal Palace.

On March 21st 2018:-

COM 7 will move from UHF Ch 33 to Ch 55,
COM 8 will move to UHF Ch 35 to Ch 56
Local Mux (London Live) will move from Ch 29 to Ch 35 and increase from
20kW to 30kW

looks as though my 40 year old Group A aerial will need replacing.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Old November 24th 17, 04:35 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Robin[_8_]

Krakatoa went somewhere.

On 24/11/2017 15:15, Brian Gaff wrote:
I blame the new boundaries for mps myself. How can you move a hill?

Robin
Old November 24th 17, 05:57 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 24/11/2017 16:26, Mark Carver wrote:
On 24/11/2017 16:23, Andy Burns wrote:
Mark Carver wrote:

COM 7 will move from UHF Ch 33 to Ch 55,
COM 8 will move to UHF Ch 35 to Ch 56

I wonder how Group A aerials will cope with those?

It's going to be very interesting ! The first time any TV service
from CP has been transmitted outside of Band IV, and millions
of Group A aerials 'looking' at it.

The saving grace might be that COM 7 and 8 have tiny audiences

Group A aerials perform very badly above ch 40. Very very badly on
channels in the 50s.

Old November 24th 17, 05:57 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 24/11/2017 16:33, charles wrote:
In article ,
Bill Wright wrote:
On 24/11/2017 13:57, Mark Carver wrote:

Ridge Hill appears to be moving to Hertfordshire

There's a history of moving woods, but not hills as far as I know.

"Macbeth shall never vanquished be, until Great Birnam wood to high
Dunsinane hill Shall come against him."

did you know there's a wonderful Beatix Potter museum in Birnham - yes,
it's real place.

Course it's real. Are you saying Shakespeare made stuff up?

Old November 24th 17, 05:58 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 24/11/2017 16:34, charles wrote:
In article ,
Mark Carver wrote:
On 24/11/2017 16:02, NY wrote:
"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news And another thing. How on earth can I tell about the colour of the
entry unless I turn on attribute reading and if I do that I'll be here
all year reading it.
Normally to make this stuff accessible they use an asterisk next to
the altered item for goodness sake. Bloody ignorant bar stewards.

Which transmitter are you on? I'll describe the changes for you.

Brian is on Crystal Palace.

On March 21st 2018:-

COM 7 will move from UHF Ch 33 to Ch 55,
COM 8 will move to UHF Ch 35 to Ch 56
Local Mux (London Live) will move from Ch 29 to Ch 35 and increase from
20kW to 30kW

looks as though my 40 year old Group A aerial will need replacing.

No don't be defeated. Cut the directors down.

Old November 24th 17, 06:11 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
charles[_2_]

Bill Wright wrote:
On 24/11/2017 13:57, Mark Carver wrote:

Ridge Hill appears to be moving to Hertfordshire

There's a history of moving woods, but not hills as far as I know.

"Macbeth shall never vanquished be, until Great Birnam wood to high
Dunsinane hill Shall come against him."

did you know there's a wonderful Beatix Potter museum in Birnham - yes,
it's real place.

Course it's real. Are you saying Shakespeare made stuff up?

"The Tempest" seesms a bit unlikely and his history of Macbeth doesn't
quite agree with other peoples' ideas.

from KT24 in Surrey, England
Old November 24th 17, 06:12 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
charles[_2_]

Mark Carver wrote:
On 24/11/2017 16:02, NY wrote:
"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news And another thing. How on earth can I tell about the colour of the
entry unless I turn on attribute reading and if I do that I'll be here
all year reading it.
Normally to make this stuff accessible they use an asterisk next to
the altered item for goodness sake. Bloody ignorant bar stewards.

Which transmitter are you on? I'll describe the changes for you.

Brian is on Crystal Palace.

On March 21st 2018:-

COM 7 will move from UHF Ch 33 to Ch 55,
COM 8 will move to UHF Ch 35 to Ch 56
Local Mux (London Live) will move from Ch 29 to Ch 35 and increase from
20kW to 30kW

looks as though my 40 year old Group A aerial will need replacing.

No don't be defeated. Cut the directors down.

I'd probabaly need to alter the spacing. Anyway, it rather too high for me
to reach with my hacksaw.

from KT24 in Surrey, England
Old November 24th 17, 06:30 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

On 24/11/2017 18:12, charles wrote:

looks as though my 40 year old Group A aerial will need replacing.

No don't be defeated. Cut the directors down.

I'd probabaly need to alter the spacing. Anyway, it rather too high for me
to reach with my hacksaw.

Still got your Hannington aerial up, COM 7/8 move to 55/56 there in
April, so a possibility to use that via a diplexer ?

--
Mark
Old November 24th 17, 06:44 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
charles[_2_]

In article ,
Mark Carver wrote:
On 24/11/2017 18:12, charles wrote:

looks as though my 40 year old Group A aerial will need replacing.

No don't be defeated. Cut the directors down.

I'd probabaly need to alter the spacing. Anyway, it rather too high
for me to reach with my hacksaw.

Still got your Hannington aerial up, COM 7/8 move to 55/56 there in
April, so a possibility to use that via a diplexer ?

It's there but not in use. The MHA is no longer powered and would be a
swine to bypass. But, a good idea.

I suspect the best answer is to get someone else to take the whole lot down
and replace with something a bit neater. I don't do those sort of heights
these days.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Old November 24th 17, 07:23 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

Mark Carver wrote:

COM 7 will move from UHF Ch 33 to Ch 55,
COM 8 will move to UHF Ch 35 to Ch 56

I wonder how Group A aerials will cope with those?

It's going to be very interesting ! The first time any TV service
from CP has been transmitted outside of Band IV, and millions
of Group A aerials 'looking' at it.

The saving grace might be that COM 7 and 8 have tiny audiences

BBC Four HD, and other HD channels.

--
Max Demian