Analogue Video senders still in use

Old November 10th 17, 08:55 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Analogue Video senders still in use

I was just poodling around the uhf tv band on my scanner the other day when
I heard the unmistakable sound of analogue tv and fm sound. It was some
foreign language film, sounded polish or something similar. At first I
though it was real DX, but I think even Eastern Europe has now gone digital,
so I monitored the sound and it eventually sort of changed to a UK
channel, so I guess it was a Video sender of some type. It was above most of
the main UHF channels though do not recall the frequency.
I'd have thought that as we got more muxs and 4 and 5 g stuff it would
become useless, never mind finding a tv still with an analogue tuner. Kind
of makes one wonder how many of these things are out there. Quite strong
here but I guess it could have been just across the road. Not keen enough to
wire up a directional aerial and portable set to go looking, besides
probably get arrested.

Old November 10th 17, 09:09 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Brian Gaff wrote:

never mind finding a tv still with an analogue tuner.

I think you'd have a harder job finding a TV without an analogue tuner,
the latest, greatest 77 inch 4K OLED sets still have them.
Old November 10th 17, 12:15 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 09:09:06 +0000
Andy Burns wrote:

Brian Gaff wrote:

never mind finding a tv still with an analogue tuner.

I think you'd have a harder job finding a TV without an analogue
tuner, the latest, greatest 77 inch 4K OLED sets still have them.

Are the manufacturers still obliged to include them? Maybe an old
requirement that has not caught up with events.

--
Davey.
Old November 10th 17, 12:19 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Davey wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

I think you'd have a harder job finding a TV without an analogue
tuner

Are the manufacturers still obliged to include them?

I doubt it.

Maybe an old requirement that has not caught up with events.

Or maybe people want to watch CCTV on them, if the chipset supports it,
why nobble the sets?
Old November 10th 17, 12:41 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
NY

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Davey wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

I think you'd have a harder job finding a TV without an analogue tuner

Are the manufacturers still obliged to include them?

I doubt it.

Maybe an old requirement that has not caught up with events.

Or maybe people want to watch CCTV on them, if the chipset supports it,
why nobble the sets?

I presume most TVs sold in the UK only scan UHF (and not VHF used in
mainland Europe). How many parts of the world still use analogue TV
transmission on UHF?

I presume if you wanted to watch CCTV you'd need to combine its RF output
with that from the aerial, and then the TV would use its analogue tuner for
CCTV and its digital decoder for broadcast TV, on the same UHF band.

Old November 10th 17, 12:47 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
NY

"NY" wrote in message
news
"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Davey wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

I think you'd have a harder job finding a TV without an analogue tuner

Are the manufacturers still obliged to include them?

I doubt it.

Maybe an old requirement that has not caught up with events.

Or maybe people want to watch CCTV on them, if the chipset supports it,
why nobble the sets?

I presume most TVs sold in the UK only scan UHF (and not VHF used in
mainland Europe). How many parts of the world still use analogue TV
transmission on UHF?

I presume if you wanted to watch CCTV you'd need to combine its RF output
with that from the aerial, and then the TV would use its analogue tuner
for CCTV and its digital decoder for broadcast TV, on the same UHF band.

Another thought has occurred to be: I wonder if CCTV cameras will ever have
RF output and a DVB-T encoder in place of a PAL modulator, or whether any
that don't have analogue just have Ethernet/wireless outputs. I suppose
multiple cameras feeding by Ethernet/wireless to a single encoder would be a
way of allowing any modern TV to watch/record output, though Ethernet-to-TV
adaptor/software in the TV might be a better solution to the problem.

Old November 10th 17, 12:49 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 12:19:22 +0000
Andy Burns wrote:

Davey wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

I think you'd have a harder job finding a TV without an analogue
tuner

Are the manufacturers still obliged to include them?

I doubt it.

Maybe an old requirement that has not caught up with events.

Or maybe people want to watch CCTV on them, if the chipset supports
it, why nobble the sets?

I found this, which discusses this issue:

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discus...tuner-question

--
Davey.
Old November 10th 17, 03:06 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Why???

Old November 10th 17, 03:11 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Well we have just come to the end of the sporadic E season in the Uk and I
do not recall hearing anything in bands 1 and 3 vhf with anything like video
or fm on it, apart from local relays in band 1 for the illegal pirates feed
to their concreted in top floor transmitters.
Most of it is just land mobile and dab and other digital services.

"NY" wrote in message
news