Retune Day 30 November

Old November 5th 17, 05:24 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Geoff Pearson

Default Retune Day 30 November

Talking Pictures TV is moving off the HD mux (at least I think that is what
it says):

We have some very exciting news. From the afternoon of Thursday 30th
November, Talking Pictures TV will be available on Freeview NATIONWIDE to
90% of the Country! No Need for any special equipment – we will be on almost
all your Freeview TVs . If you can currently watch Yesterday Channel on
number 19 or Home on number 25 you will get us (which is pretty much
everyone) so all your neighbours, friends and fellow film fans who have been
moaning that they can’t get us on their TVs PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD you NO
LONGER NEED HD boxes or TVs to watch us – We are Thrilled to be able to
bring Talking Pictures TV and some important films from cinema history to TV
screens into even more homes across the country.

Those of you who already get us on 81 will need to retune ON THE DAY. Those
of you who only get us for certain hours on Local TV stations WILL GET US 24
Hours a Day ON CHANNEL 81 from Thursday 30th November just after lunch. For
help on how to retune, visit Freeview.co.uk/support or Freeview channel 100.

Old November 5th 17, 06:00 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

oh god, another one!

tim
Old November 5th 17, 07:05 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

On 05/11/2017 18:00, tim... wrote:

oh god, another one!

You don't need to retune (this time), unless you actually want to keep
that particular channel.

--
Mark
Old November 5th 17, 08:13 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Mark Carver" wrote in message
On 05/11/2017 18:00, tim... wrote:

oh god, another one!

You don't need to retune (this time), unless you actually want to keep
that particular channel.

as I don't live in an area where I can get it on its HD mux, I would be
gaining the channel

but I can already get it on Freesat

:-)

I has some mildly interesting stuff in it, but nothing you can't live
without

tim

Old November 5th 17, 09:00 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

Can't find anything about this one.

Can someone expound upon it pls.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old November 5th 17, 09:55 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Field

"Woody" wrote in message
news
Can't find anything about this one.

Can someone expound upon it pls.

The phrase; "don't all rush at once" springs to mind.

Old November 5th 17, 11:22 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

On 05/11/2017 17:24, Geoff Pearson wrote:
Talking Pictures TV is moving off the HD mux (at least I think that is
what it says):

What says where? I can't find it on their website
http://talkingpicturestv.co.uk/

--
Max Demian
Old November 6th 17, 12:37 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
JNugent[_4_]

[...]

This will mean that older Freeview PVRs and DVD-R/HDD recorders will be
able to time-shift it (which is doubly important because there is no
catch-up service for it on the Sky platform).

Old November 6th 17, 09:07 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

There is one new channel this week which my talking box cannot say. It
sounds like something like bungle, which could be very apt considering the
history of Free to air terrestrial digital in the UK.

"tim..." wrote in message
news

oh god, another one!

tim