Retune Day 30 November

Old November 6th 17, 05:34 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Retune Day 30 November

It is, don't you think a bit of an odd piece of logic totell people they can
get it more widely when the station at present cannot be seen to read the
message in the first place?

"NY" wrote in message
"Geoff Pearson" wrote in message
Talking Pictures TV is moving off the HD mux (at least I think that is
what it says):

We have some very exciting news. From the afternoon of Thursday 30th
November, Talking Pictures TV will be available on Freeview NATIONWIDE to
90% of the Country! No Need for any special equipment - we will be on
almost all your Freeview TVs . If you can currently watch Yesterday
Channel on number 19 or Home on number 25 you will get us (which is
pretty much everyone) so all your neighbours, friends and fellow film
fans who have been moaning that they can't get us on their TVs PLEASE
SPREAD THE WORD you NO LONGER NEED HD boxes or TVs to watch us - We are
Thrilled to be able to bring Talking Pictures TV and some important films
from cinema history to TV screens into even more homes across the
country.

Those of you who already get us on 81 will need to retune ON THE DAY.
Those of you who only get us for certain hours on Local TV stations WILL
GET US 24 Hours a Day ON CHANNEL 81 from Thursday 30th November just
after lunch. For help on how to retune, visit Freeview.co.uk/support or
Freeview channel 100.

That is really good news for people who can't get COM7 or COM8. Yesterday
(and therefore TPTV) is on COM6, which still precludes anyone who is on a
relay, which only get PSB1-3, but it's an improvement. I presume they will
still be sub-SD 544x576 (like Yesterday, ITV3, Drama) rather than full-SD
(720x576).

At present I receive from BIlsdale, so I get COM9 amd COM8, but we are
looking to move house in the area and need to make sure we still receive
from either Bilsdale or Emley Moor (or Scarborough), as opposed to any of
relays that cover the southern Dales.

I wonder how much extra TPTV are having to pay to be on a more
widely-available mux.

Old November 6th 17, 07:17 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_12_]

On Mon, 6 Nov 2017 00:37:05 +0000, JNugent
coalesced the vapors of human experience into a viable and meaningful
comprehension...

On 05/11/2017 17:24, Geoff Pearson wrote:
[...]

This will mean that older Freeview PVRs and DVD-R/HDD recorders will be
able to time-shift it (which is doubly important because there is no
catch-up service for it on the Sky platform).

FVVO "important".
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Old November 6th 17, 07:20 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Duncanson

On Sun, 5 Nov 2017 18:00:48 -0000, "tim..."
wrote:

oh god, another one!

tim

:-)

Talking Pictures broadcasts movies from the 1930s/40s/50s/90s and a few
more recent.

--
Peter Duncanson
(in uk.tech.digital-tv)
Old November 6th 17, 09:17 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
JNugent[_4_]

On 06/11/2017 17:25, Brian Gaff wrote:

Not having a box that does hd, and why should I, it is news to me.
Brian

You can get it on Sky too (and Virgin, I think).

And some local TV stations effectively carry it for half their time on air.

Old November 6th 17, 09:18 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
JNugent[_4_]

On 06/11/2017 19:17, Graham. wrote:
[...]

It is carrying several classic TV series ATM.
Old November 6th 17, 09:35 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Duncanson

On Mon, 06 Nov 2017 19:20:00 +0000, Peter Duncanson
wrote:

On Sun, 5 Nov 2017 18:00:48 -0000, "tim..."
wrote:

oh god, another one!

tim

:-)

Talking Pictures broadcasts movies from the 1930s/40s/50s/90s and a few

Somehow a charcater stood on its head. That should be 60s not 90s.

more recent.

--
Peter Duncanson
(in uk.tech.digital-tv)
Old November 7th 17, 09:33 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jim Lesurf[_2_]

In article ,
Woody wrote:

"NY" wrote in message
"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
Who they then, never seen them.

They show old (mainly black and white, mainly British) films from
the 1950s and 60s, with a few from the 70s and early 80s. Not big
blockbusters, mainly B pictures, but great for a bit of nostalgia
and seeing the world before things changed.

Does that mean the Ealing Comedies? Hope so.

Their main strong point for me is that they show ancient (mostly) UK films
I've never seen anywhere before, or often have never heard of, but which
are very interesting to watch. They also show an assortment of old 'filler'
and documentary films - again often things you'd be unlikely to have seen
on any other station.

But they also show some well known films of various kinds.

If you like old films, well worth keeing an eye on their schedules.

Old November 7th 17, 09:54 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"JNugent" wrote in message
[...]

Though I'm not impressed with Human Jungle

The stories are all pretty dull. God know how it get such a high score on
IMDB

tim

Old November 7th 17, 12:32 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Spud[_2_]

wrote:

On Sun, 5 Nov 2017 18:00:48 -0000, "tim..."
wrote:

oh god, another one!

tim

:-)

Talking Pictures broadcasts movies from the 1930s/40s/50s/90s and a few

Somehow a charcater stood on its head. That should be 60s not 90s.

more recent.

A Message from Mars, was 1913

Old November 7th 17, 08:24 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
JNugent[_4_]

On 07/11/2017 09:54, tim... wrote:

"JNugent" wrote in message
[...]

I remember it from Sunday nights on ABC Weekend TV. I was always waiting
for Corder to use that incredibly-cool tape recorder hidden in his desk
drawer.