Retune Day 30 November

Old November 6th 17, 09:11 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Retune Day 30 November

If its going national, does this mean it will be forced to do audio
description like we see on Yesterday etc?

"JNugent" wrote in message
On 05/11/2017 17:24, Geoff Pearson wrote:
Talking Pictures TV is moving off the HD mux (at least I think that is
what it says):

We have some very exciting news. From the afternoon of Thursday 30th
November, Talking Pictures TV will be available on Freeview NATIONWIDE to
90% of the Country! No Need for any special equipment - we will be on
almost all your Freeview TVs . If you can currently watch Yesterday
Channel on number 19 or Home on number 25 you will get us (which is
pretty much everyone) so all your neighbours, friends and fellow film
fans who have been moaning that they can't get us on their TVs PLEASE
SPREAD THE WORD you NO LONGER NEED HD boxes or TVs to watch us - We are
Thrilled to be able to bring Talking Pictures TV and some important films
from cinema history to TV screens into even more homes across the
country.

Those of you who already get us on 81 will need to retune ON THE DAY.
Those of you who only get us for certain hours on Local TV stations WILL
GET US 24 Hours a Day ON CHANNEL 81 from Thursday 30th November just
after lunch. For help on how to retune, visit Freeview.co.uk/support or
Freeview channel 100.

This will mean that older Freeview PVRs and DVD-R/HDD recorders will be
able to time-shift it (which is doubly important because there is no
catch-up service for it on the Sky platform).

Old November 6th 17, 09:15 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]

On 05/11/2017 23:22, Max Demian wrote:
On 05/11/2017 17:24, Geoff Pearson wrote:
Talking Pictures TV is moving off the HD mux (at least I think that is
what it says):

What says where? I can't find it on their website
http://talkingpicturestv.co.uk/

There's been a number of posts in other forums, where it's been
mentioned in the Talking Pictures Newsletter, which presumably
is on an email subscription ?

Anyway, what's been posted by those folk is this:-

--
Mark
Old November 6th 17, 10:10 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
JNugent[_4_]

On 06/11/2017 09:15, Mark Carver wrote:

On 05/11/2017 23:22, Max Demian wrote:
On 05/11/2017 17:24, Geoff Pearson wrote:

Talking Pictures TV is moving off the HD mux (at least I think that
is what it says):

What says where? I can't find it on their website
http://talkingpicturestv.co.uk/

There's been a number of posts in other forums, where it's been
mentioned in the Talking Pictures Newsletter, which presumably
is on an email subscription ?

Correct.

The full text follows.

QUOTE:
Dear Talking Pictures TV Viewers,

[...]

This is a really big step for us, so we need all the support you can
give us – tell all folks!

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your support
throughout the years and for following our journey with Talking Pictures
TV, we are so pleased you will all be able to enjoy the channel now –
not just for Christmas, so generations to come can enjoy some of these
long forgotten film classics once more. Some great gems on the channel
over the coming month – This SATURDAY 8pm sees the premiere of The Prime
of Miss Jean Brodie (Maggie Smith).

Tickets for our Festival of Film on Sunday 11th February 2018 are
selling fast, some more great names have joined the line up including
June Cunningham (Smallest Show On Earth) so do get yours now to avoid
disappointment:

http://www.renownfilms.co.uk/film-fe...018-p-358.html

– we are busy restoring some great ‘lost’ films to show on the day also,
and it’s a great day out!

Finally to get you in the festive mood, we have some limited edition,
Bespoke Advent Calendars, featuring a sparkly Diana Dors on the front
and with one of the great stars we all know and love behind each door,
it’s a great treat and helps support TPTV !

http://www.renownfilms.co.uk/memorab...dar-p-801.html

Thank you as ever for your support, and for following us on our journey
– we are very proud to be coming to nationwide Freeview and I hope we
get the viewers for these older films that we truly believe are out there.

Very best wishes
Sarah, Noel and Neill

Talking Pictures TV Freephone Number - 0808 178 8212
ENDQUOTE

Old November 6th 17, 01:35 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
MR

On Monday, 6 November 2017 09:07:33 UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:
There is one new channel this week which my talking box cannot say. It
sounds like something like bungle, which could be very apt considering the
history of Free to air terrestrial digital in the UK.

"tim..." wrote in message
news

oh god, another one!

tim

Sounds like a spin-off from Rainbow.

MR
Old November 6th 17, 03:50 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
NY

"Geoff Pearson" wrote in message
[...]

That is really good news for people who can't get COM7 or COM8. Yesterday
(and therefore TPTV) is on COM6, which still precludes anyone who is on a
relay, which only get PSB1-3, but it's an improvement. I presume they will
still be sub-SD 544x576 (like Yesterday, ITV3, Drama) rather than full-SD
(720x576).

At present I receive from BIlsdale, so I get COM9 amd COM8, but we are
looking to move house in the area and need to make sure we still receive
from either Bilsdale or Emley Moor (or Scarborough), as opposed to any of
relays that cover the southern Dales.

I wonder how much extra TPTV are having to pay to be on a more
widely-available mux.

Old November 6th 17, 03:57 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
NY

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
There is one new channel this week which my talking box cannot say. It
sounds like something like bungle, which could be very apt considering the
history of Free to air terrestrial digital in the UK.

Looking at http://www.a516digital.com/p/freeview-updates.html the only
new/renamed channels are Spike becomes 5Spike (figure 5 followed by Spike)
and Chart Show TV becomes The Vault. Also True Christmas (used to be True
Movies) has been added to Mux 6 whereas previously it was on a local mux.

I wonder which of these is the one your talking box is trying to say as
Bungle.

Old November 6th 17, 04:00 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
NY

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
Who they then, never seen them.

They show old (mainly black and white, mainly British) films from the 1950s
and 60s, with a few from the 70s and early 80s. Not big blockbusters, mainly
B pictures, but great for a bit of nostalgia and seeing the world before
things changed.

Old November 6th 17, 05:23 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

"NY" wrote in message
"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
Who they then, never seen them.

They show old (mainly black and white, mainly British) films from
the 1950s and 60s, with a few from the 70s and early 80s. Not big
blockbusters, mainly B pictures, but great for a bit of nostalgia
and seeing the world before things changed.

Does that mean the Ealing Comedies? Hope so.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com