Croydon

Old November 22nd 17, 11:39 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

Default Croydon

On Tuesday, 21 November 2017 22:43:59 UTC, Roderick Stewart wrote:
On Tue, 21 Nov 2017 17:25:22 +0000, JNugent
wrote:

You can buy HDMI to composite and audio converters, from £15 on Amazon.
But read the reviews carefully, they seem of variable quality.

The ones we use cost £54. They work perfectly. You can chose the
output mode you want but can only have one at a time.

Hmmm... would it work with a Fire Stick?

No idea, sorry.

I use an HDMI to phono audio convertor purchased from Amazon for about
£15. It works perfectly with their Fire TV box. As I recall it did
work with the stick version with occasional audio glitches, but I no
longer have this. The fire TV box version is more stable and
responsive anyway.

The particular convertor box I use only decodes audio (because that's
all I require) and has HDMI pass-through to feed video to the TV.
Other boxes are available that do produce analogue video output, but I
don't have one so can't say how well they perform.

Rod.

Thanks.

Audio is trivially easy to "decode" anyway, since the TV iself is
equipped with a pair of audio-out RCA jacks which can be connected to a
recording deck of one's preferred format.

My TV has that too, but it only provides audio from the built-in TV
tuner (which I never use anyway). When the TV is displaying video from
any of its HDMI inputs, the analogue output is silent. It's not very
practical but that's the way it is. I only use the TV for displaying
video and deal with the sound separately.

Rod.

Not checked that, but then I use optical to the AV amp and it is always on.
Old November 22nd 17, 03:38 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
JNugent[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

I must check that out on the TVs around the house.
Old November 22nd 17, 03:39 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
JNugent[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

Same here to the soundbar used with the newest TV (which has terrible
sound on its built-in speakers and necessitated the sound-bar purchase).