A better YouTube receiver

Old December 16th 17, 09:15 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
TonyGamble

Default A better YouTube receiver

Roderick,

Whilst you are in experimenting mode do you feel inclined to have a look at:-

http://www.terrariumtv.co.uk/

I put it on my Fire TV and it loads OK. It produces an impressive list of relatively new films and tv progs. It fails to find the sources when I search for old material. For example if you key in the word 'Sinatra' it suggests lots of old tv and films - but then cannot find them.

I tried to look at the National Theatre relay of Follies. It is listed twice but the app cannot find them.

Is it me - or is it the app?

Tony

Old December 16th 17, 10:23 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

On Fri, 15 Dec 2017 23:09:15 GMT, Johnny B Good
wrote:

====snip====

As a further followup, initial experiments with the MX10 box are
disappointing, though there may be fixes/workarounds.

The 3.5mm jack marked "AV" and which I assumed was stereo output
produced audio on one channel and a buzzing noise on the other, so maybe
it is literally audio (mono?) and video, though the rudimentary manual
supplied with the box gives no info on this at all.

It's quite possible that it's a 4 pole jack socket requiring a 4 pole
jack plug with T R1 R2 & Sleeve contacts. You might be able to buy an AV
4 pole 3.5mm jack plug to red / yellow / white phono AV break-out adapter
(either phono sockets on a very short adapter lead or phono plugs on a
longer adapter lead).

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll investigate this. The "instruction
book" supplied with the device is little more than a leaflet with
hardly any information, and just shows the 3.5mm socket as "AV" with
no explanation at all.

Old December 16th 17, 10:24 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
TonyGamble

On Saturday, December 16, 2017 at 9:15:02 AM UTC, TonyGamble wrote:
Roderick,

Whilst you are in experimenting mode do you feel inclined to have a look at:-

http://www.terrariumtv.co.uk/

If that link does not work you should try the following:-

www.troypoint.com/ttv

That is actually the one I used.

Tony