The latest idea from a Brexit official: Replace EU safety checks with Amazon reviews

Old October 8th 17, 03:09 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

Default The latest idea from a Brexit official: Replace EU safety checks with Amazon reviews

"brightside S9" wrote in message
On Sat, 07 Oct 2017 17:39:39 +0100, brightside S9
wrote:

On Sat, 7 Oct 2017 16:25:04 +0000 (UTC),
(Richard Tobin) wrote:

In article ,
Mark wrote:

And they would fit you a 13A or 15A plug if you asked them
nicely.

15A plug???

Round pins.

Like this one
http://cpc.farnell.com/mk/p153blk/15...pin/dp/PL00476
They've 253 in stock so there must be still a demand for them.

Now what were those plus that could be stacked called. Theye were
common around Lancaster and thereabouts.

Just found one in my junk box but the full details and pictures are
here http://www.plugsocketmuseum.nl/Wylex1.html

As they were not fused at the plug does this not mean that 2A/5A/15A
circuits were radial and fused at the box?

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old October 8th 17, 05:06 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

On Saturday, 7 October 2017 17:21:46 UTC+1, Mark wrote:
And they would fit you a 13A or 15A plug if you asked them nicely.

15A plug???

For electric fires and Baby Belling cookers (the sort that didn't need wired in to a 30A circuit).

Jolly good for immersion heaters too.

Owain

Old October 9th 17, 07:43 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

"brightside S9" wrote in message
On Sun, 8 Oct 2017 16:09:07 +0100, "Woody"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

On Sat, 7 Oct 2017 16:25:04 +0000 (UTC),
(Richard Tobin) wrote:

In article ,
Mark wrote:

And they would fit you a 13A or 15A plug if you asked them
nicely.

15A plug???

Round pins.

Like this one
http://cpc.farnell.com/mk/p153blk/15...pin/dp/PL00476
They've 253 in stock so there must be still a demand for them.

Now what were those plus that could be stacked called. Theye were
common around Lancaster and thereabouts.

Just found one in my junk box but the full details and pictures
are
here http://www.plugsocketmuseum.nl/Wylex1.html

As they were not fused at the plug does this not mean that 2A/5A/15A
circuits were radial and fused at the box?

They are fused, see picture 8 in the above referenced web page, but
note that the dual plug was not fused. The 3KW plug from my junk box
has a 13A fuse in it, that fits a current 13A plug used nowadays,
but
the 5A and 2A plugs have a smaller fuse (so says the web page). The
plugs are marked of the visible side with the rating in KW. See
pictures 2,5 and 10 on the web page.

The plug has the following embossed on the base:-
"Wylex ring main fused plug" So I guess premises could be wired in
ring, but I never investigated the wiring in M-I-L's house in the
60s.

IME 5A and 15A round pin plugs never had a fuse unless it was a
special.