Am I seeing things ?

Old October 5th 17, 01:44 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
johnt

Default Am I seeing things ?

"Norman Wells" wrote in message
On 05/10/2017 09:30, NY wrote:
"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
I don't know but its getting to be a pretty tired format. I have a bit
of a love hate relationship with Alan Michael Sugar, I saw him once at a
computer show bossing around his team back in the amstrad days, every
other word was a swear word, and they were all jumping to his tune as if
their lives depended on it, then yet again when I needed some permission
to use some Amstrad/Sinclair stuff in a software project, he gave
permission without asking for any money at all.
Not sure what to make of him.
I cannot watch that show though. One also has to remember that the
apprentice in the States for many years had Donald Trump as the
employer, I cannot imagine what he was like as a boss the way people
seem to get fired from his team at the Whitehouse makes me wonder if he
thinks the President of the United states is yet another tv role.

His attitude of belittling his employees and putting them on the spot and
being generally confrontational, typifies all that is bad about some
managers, whether junior, middle, senior or executive - you always get
the bullies who like to "govern" by humiliation rather than by gaining
the respect if their staff.

His behaviour reminds me of too many crap managers that I have worked
for. I cannot watch it for this reason. Mind you, he does get some
appallingly naive and inept apprentices - I wonder if they are
hand-picked, and normal, sensible, conscientious applicants are rejected
in the interests of making "better TV".

Of course they are. It's prime time *entertainment*, not a succession of
normal job interviews which would be just about as boring as you could
imagine.
2
It's a programme about hubris and pricking inflated egos, nothing else.

Of course it is. It is entertainment and nothing else. I didn't watch it for
quite a few years but then rediscovered it about 5 years ago and am now
addicted to it. Just as I was to "Crossroads". Probably because it is so
spectacularly bad.

--
JohnT