Modem uptime record

Old October 1st 17, 11:52 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

Default Modem uptime record

On checking my VDSL modem uptime today, I see it has maintained a
solid internet connection for exactly 100 days, the longest it has
ever managed without a reboot (usually around 3 or 4am). I feel I
ought to celebrate, but I'm not sure what would be best.

There is a more recent firmware version for it, and I was considering
updating it, but the foregoing looks like a very good reason to leave
well alone. I hope I can resist the temptation.

It's a Billion 8800NL modem/router, and I'm with Zen.

Old October 1st 17, 12:06 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Roderick Stewart wrote:

On checking my VDSL modem uptime today, I see it has maintained a
solid internet connection for exactly 100 days

I have seen similar uptimes, depends if there's any BT maintenance to
disrupt it (Or if I accidentally knock the 'reset' button on the router,
the UPS can't help me there).

All a far cry from ADSL2 on a long line which would sometimes have 100
reconnects per day!

It's a Billion 8800NL modem/router, and I'm with Zen.

I used to use an 8800NL in bridge mode, with openWRT on a separate
router/firewall/access-point, and had no problems with it. Now I run
LEDE (which is essentially openWRT with a kick up the arse) on a BT
homehub 5a so it's all in one box (and also has full gigabit ports and
802.11ac WiFi)
Old October 2nd 17, 10:38 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Crosland

On 01/10/2017 11:52, Roderick Stewart wrote:
On checking my VDSL modem uptime today, I see it has maintained a
solid internet connection for exactly 100 days, the longest it has
ever managed without a reboot (usually around 3 or 4am). I feel I
ought to celebrate, but I'm not sure what would be best.

There is a more recent firmware version for it, and I was considering
updating it, but the foregoing looks like a very good reason to leave
well alone. I hope I can resist the temptation.

It's a Billion 8800NL modem/router, and I'm with Zen.

My Billion 8800 AXL with the 2.32e firmware has been running for 123
days non stop. The VDSL up time is currently 13 days but often runs for
a month non stop with Plusnet. I have it running off a UPS as I find
mains spikes are the usual cause of failure.

--
Peter Crosland

Reply address is valid