Epsom things

Old September 30th 17, 10:43 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave W

Default Epsom things

Joan,

I didn't manage to fit in a visit to the Ashley church jumble, but I did
investigate various things you told me.

The church has just one disabled bay for "Church Visitors", so maybe not for
jumble sales. All bays are private.

I went into the closing-down shop. One of the men kept shouting at the top
of his voice "everything half price". I bought you a pack of the tall pots
you showed me, and a pack of the shorter ones. (1.50 per pack).

I also bought a washing-up bowl to replace the old one I had just scrubbed
clean, because the scrubbing had left the plastic all rough. Maybe you could
make use of it. I also bought a replacement sponge for my Addis mop that
Wilkinsons no longer sell.

I then went into Waitrose for milk, and used my second coupon for Coconut
Water for you to dispose of. My milk worked out at half price because of it.

I looked into the Town Hall car parks, and you were right - you can't drive
between the front and rear car parks because there are bollards in the way.
The small car park at what you call the rear entrance has just one disabled
bay. The cheapest you can have it is 1 for 30 minutes, but disabled drivers
get a free hour after their paid parking expires. So that's 1.5 hours for
1.

In the road outside there are marked bays for Town Hall staff only.

I could not see any transverse stripes in Waterloo road that you claimed
were there. The parking is free but only for 20 minutes, so too short for
walking into the High Street. The parking notices refer to dotted white
areas by the kerb, so maybe disabled rules for single yellow lines don't
apply.

Regards,
Dave

Old October 1st 17, 02:50 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 30/09/2017 23:43, Dave W wrote:
[...]

A very sweet little cameo.

Old October 1st 17, 01:20 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave W

"Martin" wrote in message
Did Joan see this? :-)

On Sat, 30 Sep 2017 23:43:26 +0100, "Dave W" wrote:

Joan,

I didn't manage to fit in a visit to the Ashley church jumble, but I did
investigate various things you told me.

snip

Sorry everybody - of course this should not have appeared here. I got a
'Message not accepted for policy reasons' from Yahoo, but that's all right
because I also sent the message to Joan from my proper email address.
--
Dave W

Old October 1st 17, 01:28 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David Kennedy[_2_]

On 01/10/2017 14:20, Dave W wrote:
"Martin" wrote in message
Did Joan see this? :-)

On Sat, 30 Sep 2017 23:43:26 +0100, "Dave W" wrote:

Joan,

I didn't manage to fit in a visit to the Ashley church jumble, but I did
investigate various things you told me.

snip

Sorry everybody - of course this should not have appeared here. I got a
'Message not accepted for policy reasons' from Yahoo, but that's all right
because I also sent the message to Joan from my proper email address.

Don't apologise, it's more interesting than some of the other topics on here...

--
David Kennedy

http://www.anindianinexile.com
Old October 1st 17, 05:39 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

On 01/10/2017 17:34, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sun, 1 Oct 2017 14:20:40 +0100, "Dave W"
wrote:

Sorry everybody - of course this should not have appeared here. I got a
'Message not accepted for policy reasons' from Yahoo, but that's all right
because I also sent the message to Joan from my proper email address.

If Yahoo can identify and reject a relatively harmless message like
yours, why can't ISP's in general identify the extreme Islamic
fundamentalist stuff etc that seems readily available on the net and
block it? Or even GCHQ.

Because it would block pretty much everything, including any discussions
opposing Islamism.

--
Max Demian
Old October 1st 17, 05:46 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave W

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On Sun, 1 Oct 2017 14:20:40 +0100, "Dave W"
wrote:

. ..

wrote:

Joan,

I didn't manage to fit in a visit to the Ashley church jumble, but I did
investigate various things you told me.

snip

Sorry everybody - of course this should not have appeared here. I got a
'Message not accepted for policy reasons' from Yahoo, but that's all right
because I also sent the message to Joan from my proper email address.

If Yahoo can identify and reject a relatively harmless message like
yours, why can't ISP's in general identify the extreme Islamic
fundamentalist stuff etc that seems readily available on the net and
block it? Or even GCHQ.

I don't think it had anything to do with the content - I suspect it was
because the headers for the newsgroup version were different to the email I
sent to Joan.
--
Dave W

--