BBC second-hand adverts

Old September 26th 17, 10:57 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

Default BBC second-hand adverts

On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 16:16:34 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

why are so many commercials on
the itv and other stations completely devoid of any way for a listener to
hear what the product might be?

Trust me, you're not missing anything important.

Old September 27th 17, 01:05 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
johnt

"Martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 12:40:44 +0100, Mark
wrote:

On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 12:24:02 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 09:02:36 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

On BBC Business Live, they seem to like showing a web browser scrolling
through e.g. newspaper articles, complete with whatever adverts happen
to get displayed in their browser.

Haven't they heard of adblock, or considered zooming in to just the
articles text/image column rather than the whole page? Maybe Biddy
Baxter could advise them on obscuring brand names?

Smart newspaper owners don't allow Adblock

If I can't use an adblocker then I won't view the site.

As far as newspapers are concerned that leaves you with the Online Daily
Mail?
:-)

And the Gruniad.

--
JohnT

Old September 27th 17, 01:57 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark[_6_]

On Wed, 27 Sep 2017 00:00:50 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 12:40:44 +0100, Mark wrote:

On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 12:24:02 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 09:02:36 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

On BBC Business Live, they seem to like showing a web browser scrolling
through e.g. newspaper articles, complete with whatever adverts happen
to get displayed in their browser.

Haven't they heard of adblock, or considered zooming in to just the
articles text/image column rather than the whole page? Maybe Biddy
Baxter could advise them on obscuring brand names?

Smart newspaper owners don't allow Adblock

If I can't use an adblocker then I won't view the site.

As far as newspapers are concerned that leaves you with the Online Daily Mail?
:-)

No. Never look at the daily wail.