OT the telephone network

Old September 24th 17, 01:58 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd

Default OT the telephone network

I think Angus readily admits the cabinet 'locations' are just
centres of postcode areas because the BT data he works from doesn't provide actual locations, so for guidance only ...

Indeed, it says so on the page, the database chooses the post code
closed to the exchange as to where the cabinet is most likely located.

I have had offers of specific cabinet locations, but there are 80,000
odd so entering them manually, or even creating an automated system, is
not trivial. And does not actually help you get FTTC.

Angus

Old September 24th 17, 06:15 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

On 24/09/2017 09:00, Martin wrote:
On Sun, 24 Sep 2017 06:39:17 +0100, charles wrote:

In article ,
Bill Wright wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find a map showing where all the phone
lines go; the routes from the exchanges to the premises and/or the
streetboxes?

Is there a UK newsgroup that discusses such things?

you're asking for the black helicopters to come and take you away.

He's probably been taken by men in white coats already.

What you mean dog groomers?

Old September 24th 17, 06:16 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

On 24/09/2017 06:39, charles wrote:
In article ,
Bill Wright wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find a map showing where all the phone
lines go; the routes from the exchanges to the premises and/or the
streetboxes?

Is there a UK newsgroup that discusses such things?

you're asking for the black helicopters to come and take you away.

I wish they would. I'm fed up of DIY.

Old September 24th 17, 06:26 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave W

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Dave W" wrote in message
news

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"alan_m" wrote in message
On 23/09/2017 22:58, Dave Liquorice wrote:
Exchange locations
are a POP to find.

Samknows will give the exchange position and as the crow flies distance
from it as well as the telephone services/broadband carried but no
routing/cabinets details.

https://availability.samknows.com/br...xchange_search

We can get the full street cabling detail, and the other services like
the water pipes, gas pipes, sewer lines etc for anywhere in the country.

So?

So we do it better than you fools.

So?
--
Dave W

Old September 24th 17, 09:23 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
Rod Speed

"Dave W" wrote in message
news

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Dave W" wrote in message
news

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"alan_m" wrote in message
On 23/09/2017 22:58, Dave Liquorice wrote:
Exchange locations
are a POP to find.

Samknows will give the exchange position and as the crow flies
distance from it as well as the telephone services/broadband carried
but no routing/cabinets details.

https://availability.samknows.com/br...xchange_search

We can get the full street cabling detail, and the other services like
the water pipes, gas pipes, sewer lines etc for anywhere in the
country.

So?

So we do it better than you fools.

So?

Record's stuck, stupid.

Old September 24th 17, 09:32 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave W

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Dave W" wrote in message
news

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Dave W" wrote in message
news
"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"alan_m" wrote in message
On 23/09/2017 22:58, Dave Liquorice wrote:
Exchange locations
are a POP to find.

Samknows will give the exchange position and as the crow flies
distance from it as well as the telephone services/broadband carried
but no routing/cabinets details.

https://availability.samknows.com/br...xchange_search

We can get the full street cabling detail, and the other services like
the water pipes, gas pipes, sewer lines etc for anywhere in the
country.

So?

So we do it better than you fools.

So?

Record's stuck, stupid.

It's time you started an Australian D-I-Y group instead of boasting on this
UK one.
Here it is regarded as bad manners for foreigners to tell us their own
country is so
much better than ours, however true that may be.
--
Dave W

Old September 24th 17, 11:46 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
Java Jive[_2_]

On Sun, 24 Sep 2017 21:32:10 +0100, "Dave W"
wrote:

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

Record's stuck, stupid.

It's time you started an Australian D-I-Y group instead of boasting on this
UK one.
Here it is regarded as bad manners for foreigners to tell us their own
country is so
much better than ours, however true that may be.

It's even worse manners to feed the trolls. By now you should have
been able to work out that that is what you're doing. He's about as
ubiquitous, about as intelligent, and about as useful as midges in
Scotland. Plonk him and get on with the rest of your life.
Old September 25th 17, 01:14 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
Rod Speed

"Dave W" wrote in message
news

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Dave W" wrote in message
news

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Dave W" wrote in message
news

We've got one, **** all traffic.

Here it is regarded as bad manners for foreigners to tell us their own
country is so much better than ours, however true that may be.

You donít get any say what so ever on what is
bad manners, and it wasnít boasting either, ****wit.

Old September 25th 17, 11:14 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave W

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Dave W" wrote in message
news

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Dave W" wrote in message
news
"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Dave W" wrote in message
news
"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"alan_m" wrote in message
[...]

You have never started a thread here. None of your posts have been helpful
e.g. the recent description of your roof-guttering arrangements which are
not applicable to the UK. You frequently post insults. For these reasons you
are now the second person to be added to my block list, alongside 'The
Peeler'.
--
Dave W

Old September 25th 17, 11:16 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave W

wrote:

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

Record's stuck, stupid.

It's time you started an Australian D-I-Y group instead of boasting on
this
UK one.
Here it is regarded as bad manners for foreigners to tell us their own
country is so
much better than ours, however true that may be.

It's even worse manners to feed the trolls. By now you should have
been able to work out that that is what you're doing. He's about as
ubiquitous, about as intelligent, and about as useful as midges in
Scotland. Plonk him and get on with the rest of your life.

Thanks. Now actioned.
--
Dave W