What a tangled web we are weaving

Old September 10th 17, 03:28 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Yellow[_3_]

Default What a tangled web we are weaving

A Christian couple are reportedly threatening to sue a Church of England
primary school because it allowed a boy in their son's class to wear a
dress.

The family withdrew the six-year-old from the school and will now
educate him at home, alongside his eight-year-old brother, who was taken
out of school a year ago after a boy in his class also began to wear
dresses.

The boys' parents, Nigel and Sally Rowe, will argue that the school has
acted without due regard to pupils and not respected their rights to
bring up their children according to their biblical beliefs.

[...]

In a video for Christian Concern, a campaign providing legal support to
the couple, Ms Rowe claimed her eldest son became "quite ill and
stressed" when a child in their eldest son's class wore a dress.

She added: "He was under stress partly because of the way he learns as a
boy - he enjoys being outside - and also the confusion that was caused
by having a boy in his class who decided to announce that they were
going to have a girl's name and be dressed as a girl."

http://tinyurl.com/y7qx829r

or

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...n-parents-sue-
school-allowed-wear-dress-uniform-transphobia-church-enland-
a7938926.html
Old September 10th 17, 03:46 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Yellow[_3_]

In article ,
lid says...

Ignore - posted to wrong group.

Sorry about that. :-)

Old September 10th 17, 04:12 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

On 10/09/2017 16:28, Yellow wrote:
In a video for Christian Concern, a campaign providing legal support to
the couple, Ms Rowe claimed her eldest son became "quite ill and
stressed" when a child in their eldest son's class wore a dress.

A six year old left to his own devices couldn't care less what people
look like or wear. If he became ill and stressed it is because his
parents made him that way.

I can't remember anything in the bible that gives a Christian the right
to require anybody else to comply with their values.

Old September 10th 17, 08:08 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

On Sun, 10 Sep 2017 17:12:27 +0100, Indy Jess John
wrote:

In a video for Christian Concern, a campaign providing legal support to
the couple, Ms Rowe claimed her eldest son became "quite ill and
stressed" when a child in their eldest son's class wore a dress.

A six year old left to his own devices couldn't care less what people
look like or wear. If he became ill and stressed it is because his
parents made him that way.

I can't remember anything in the bible that gives a Christian the right
to require anybody else to comply with their values.

They're Religious, so they think they're on higher moral ground than
the rest of us. Forgive them, for they know not what they do.

Old September 11th 17, 06:58 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

I don't get why he should even care? Its time to note that the human race
are a disparate and varied bunch and that if somebody is phased by a small
change they stand no chance to survive in the real world they will have to
live in.

However I'm sure the TV show makers are on this already, we look forward to
transexual fire brigade and Gypsy gender fluid families any day now. sigh.
Why should it be a big thing?
For goodness sake one of my bosses at work was transgender and this was the
1980s, who bloody cares?

T...

Old September 11th 17, 07:29 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Phi

"Indy Jess John" wrote in message
On 10/09/2017 16:28, Yellow wrote:
In a video for Christian Concern, a campaign providing legal support to
the couple, Ms Rowe claimed her eldest son became "quite ill and
stressed" when a child in their eldest son's class wore a dress.

A six year old left to his own devices couldn't care less what people look
like or wear. If he became ill and stressed it is because his parents made
him that way.

I can't remember anything in the bible that gives a Christian the right to
require anybody else to comply with their values.

Jim

I thought jesus wore a dress

Old September 11th 17, 10:16 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
charles[_2_]

In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:
I don't get why he should even care? Its time to note that the human race
are a disparate and varied bunch and that if somebody is phased by a
small change they stand no chance to survive in the real world they will
have to live in.

about 10 years ago, our drama group received a letter: "We are always very
careful about what our children read and watch and when we saw you were
advertising a 'Family pantomime' we assumed it would be suitable. Imagine
our horror to find that the Baron - a married man - was actively flirting
with a younger woman."

I felt "poor children", what happens when they enter the real world?

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Old September 11th 17, 04:49 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
the dog from that film you saw

On 10/09/2017 16:28, Yellow wrote:

A Christian couple are reportedly threatening to sue a Church of England
primary school because it allowed a boy in their son's class to wear a
dress.

they both look like nutters - even bigger nutters than a kid in a frock.

Old September 11th 17, 10:04 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
johnt

"the dog from that film you saw" wrote in
message ...
On 10/09/2017 16:28, Yellow wrote:

A Christian couple are reportedly threatening to sue a Church of England
primary school because it allowed a boy in their son's class to wear a
dress.

they both look like nutters - even bigger nutters than a kid in a frock.

Amen to that.

--
JohnT