Use a BT Youview box without an aerial?

Old September 4th 17, 11:18 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

Default Use a BT Youview box without an aerial?

On Mon, 4 Sep 2017 01:39:54 +0100, JNugent
wrote:

I am not sure, though, whether broadband connections are robust enough
and good-enough value to be able to stream and download all one's TV
requirements. At least Sky, as used here, offers massive download
quantities without blinking.

It depends on where you are and which ISP you're with I suppose. I
hardly watch any TV from broadcasts now (mostly just from the channels
that have adverts because my PVR happens to have the facility to edit
them out) nearly everything I watch coming through an Amazon streaming
box connected to an FTTC service from Zen. The internet also gives me
access to a vast amount of material that is not available via
conventional broadcasting at all, so the question of value for money
would be difficult to quantify.

Occasionally BBC iPlayer hiccups but nothing else does, so I assume
that's a BBC issue. If I was ever to consider moving house, the
availability of an internet service fast enough for TV would certainly
be a factor. (In other words I would disregard any house that didn't
have it).