A Sky, cable and digital tv forum. Digital TV Banter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » Digital TV Banter forum » Digital TV Newsgroups » uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General)
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) (uk.tech.digital-tv) Discussion of all matters technical in origin related to the reception of digital television transmissions, be they via satellite, terrestrial or cable. Advertising is forbidden, with no exceptions.

Polaroid (ASDA) TVs



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #71  
Old September 10th 17, 07:17 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Field
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 161
Default Polaroid (ASDA) TVs



"Huge" wrote in message
...
On 2017-09-10, AnthonyL wrote:
On 9 Sep 2017 16:24:58 GMT, Huge wrote:

On 2017-09-09, AnthonyL wrote:

[63 lines snipped]

So I've started to look for the recommended TVs in September's issue.
They just are not available, eg the Samsung

Don't buy a Samsung. They're ****.


You're not related to Bill Wright by any chance?


Jhesus Christ, I hope not. He's not even a human being.


How many legs? - might help with identification........................


  #72  
Old September 10th 17, 07:20 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Field
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 161
Default Polaroid (ASDA) TVs



"AnthonyL" wrote in message
...
On 9 Sep 2017 16:24:58 GMT, Huge wrote:

On 2017-09-09, AnthonyL wrote:

[63 lines snipped]

So I've started to look for the recommended TVs in September's issue.
They just are not available, eg the Samsung


Don't buy a Samsung. They're ****.


You're not related to Bill Wright by any chance?


Samsung haven't been getting the kind of publicity that would make me rush
out and buy one.

It would take the sort of pricing that I could write off without much
resentment.

  #73  
Old September 10th 17, 09:22 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bill Wright[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,976
Default Polaroid (ASDA) TVs

On 10/09/2017 12:51, AnthonyL wrote:
On 9 Sep 2017 16:24:58 GMT, Huge wrote:

On 2017-09-09, AnthonyL wrote:

[63 lines snipped]

So I've started to look for the recommended TVs in September's issue.
They just are not available, eg the Samsung


Don't buy a Samsung. They're ****.


You're not related to Bill Wright by any chance?

My Samsung works fine but I can't understand the menus. It could be me.

Bill
  #74  
Old September 10th 17, 09:27 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bill Wright[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,976
Default Polaroid (ASDA) TVs

On 10/09/2017 16:32, Huge wrote:

You're not related to Bill Wright by any chance?


Jhesus Christ, I hope not. He's not even a human being.



This is true. I am a god.
Bill
  #75  
Old September 10th 17, 09:32 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 534
Default Polaroid (ASDA) TVs



"Indy Jess John" wrote in message
...
On 07/09/2017 13:48, tim... wrote:

and sometimes I have to fiddle with the brightness and contrast on some
of
these moody historical dramas.


Most people who can be bothered do that. Such programmes are broadcast
too dark to view the details properly.


It wasn't the broadcast though

I was playing in back on my PVR so I plugged the output into my other telly

and it was definitely a problem with the telly

tim



  #76  
Old September 10th 17, 10:15 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,218
Default Polaroid (ASDA) TVs

On 10/09/2017 21:22, Bill Wright wrote:
On 10/09/2017 12:51, AnthonyL wrote:
On 9 Sep 2017 16:24:58 GMT, wrote:


Don't buy a Samsung. They're ****.


You're not related to Bill Wright by any chance?

My Samsung works fine but I can't understand the menus. It could be me.

Bill


I have never owned a Samsung TV, but I did once invest (?) in a Samsung
PVR. I never did get the Series Record to collect an entire series.
After 2 or 3 episodes it would unset itself or just not notice the next
episode and therefore remain on a past date.

I bought a Humax instead. It was the first time I ever replaced
something that wasn't broken or obsolete.

Jim

  #77  
Old September 10th 17, 10:53 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
AnthonyL
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 183
Default Polaroid (ASDA) TVs

On 10 Sep 2017 15:32:00 GMT, Huge wrote:

On 2017-09-10, AnthonyL wrote:
On 9 Sep 2017 16:24:58 GMT, Huge wrote:

On 2017-09-09, AnthonyL wrote:

[63 lines snipped]

So I've started to look for the recommended TVs in September's issue.
They just are not available, eg the Samsung

Don't buy a Samsung. They're ****.


You're not related to Bill Wright by any chance?


Jhesus Christ, I hope not. He's not even a human being.


Well all I've learnt from the pair of you is that Polaroid are ****
and Samsung are ****, though in both cases with no explanation nor
helpful alternative suggestions.


--
AnthonyL
  #78  
Old September 10th 17, 11:26 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
johnt
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 21
Default Polaroid (ASDA) TVs


"AnthonyL" wrote in message
...
On 10 Sep 2017 15:32:00 GMT, Huge wrote:

On 2017-09-10, AnthonyL wrote:
On 9 Sep 2017 16:24:58 GMT, Huge wrote:

On 2017-09-09, AnthonyL wrote:

[63 lines snipped]

So I've started to look for the recommended TVs in September's issue.
They just are not available, eg the Samsung

Don't buy a Samsung. They're ****.


You're not related to Bill Wright by any chance?


Jhesus Christ, I hope not. He's not even a human being.


Well all I've learnt from the pair of you is that Polaroid are ****
and Samsung are ****, though in both cases with no explanation nor
helpful alternative suggestions.


It is probably stating the obvious, but I find when purchasing a TV that
price is related to quality. I bought a 49" Panasonic UHD TV about a year
back for 700 and am very happy with it. Prior to that I had a good Sony TV
and that too was good. Polaroid is now just a name. The original Company
never made TVs. Kodak is now also just a name. I think that Blaupunkt TVs
are now available again. But that nowadays is just a name for low price low
quality goods.
--
JohnT

  #79  
Old September 11th 17, 10:04 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David Wade[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 17
Default Polaroid (ASDA) TVs

On 10/09/2017 23:26, johnt wrote:

"AnthonyL" wrote in message
...
On 10 Sep 2017 15:32:00 GMT, Huge wrote:

On 2017-09-10, AnthonyL wrote:
On 9 Sep 2017 16:24:58 GMT, Huge wrote:

On 2017-09-09, AnthonyL wrote:

[63 lines snipped]

So I've started to look for the recommended TVs in September's issue.
They just are not available, eg the Samsung

Don't buy a Samsung. They're ****.


You're not related to Bill Wright by any chance?

Jhesus Christ, I hope not. He's not even a human being.


Well all I've learnt from the pair of you is that Polaroid are ****
and Samsung are ****, though in both cases with no explanation nor
helpful alternative suggestions.


It is probably stating the obvious, but I find when purchasing a TV that
price is related to quality. I bought a 49" Panasonic UHD TV about a
year back for 700 and am very happy with it. Prior to that I had a good
Sony TV and that too was good. Polaroid is now just a name. The original
Company never made TVs. Kodak is now also just a name. I think that
Blaupunkt TVs are now available again.* But that nowadays is just a name
for low price low quality goods.


The trouble is that with the quality TV's comes a pile of "crap" that
you don't need. I have an LG Freeview TV. I mostly use it with my
YouView box because:-

1. the TV has some of the catch up players but is missing others
2. The freeview box will is dual tuner so will record multiple programs
3. the freeview box will play missed content from the program guide.
so if my wife has missed a soap episode, scroll back in the guide, click
on the program and it plays.
4. when I display the program guide in the TV the channel stops playing.
5. the TV came with Skype but its now discontinued. It would have been
nice to chat to the family full screen.
6. it also has a satellite tuner!

so what I really want is a dump TV with a high quality panel and these
are not available. I resent paying for features I don't use.

As for discarding working equipment I am now on my third or fourth
generation "digi boxes" as the various upgrades to the system have
either killed the boxes or rendered them so slow as to stutter all the
time. It looks like my kitchen TV may go the same way if some channels
become HD only as I believe is proposed..

Dave
  #80  
Old September 11th 17, 12:31 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
AnthonyL
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 183
Default Polaroid (ASDA) TVs

On 11 Sep 2017 09:02:11 GMT, Huge wrote:

On 2017-09-10, johnt wrote:

[26 lines snipped]

It is probably stating the obvious, but I find when purchasing a TV that
price is related to quality.


Sadly not. The Samsung was a lot of money.

I bought a 49" Panasonic


I won't buy Panasonic stuff, either, because of the DVR I foolishly
bought on the basis of Internet reviews. It's an even bigger PoS than
the Samsung telly.



So what are you happy with because if it satisfies you it sure as hell
is going to please me?


--
AnthonyL
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright 2004-2017 Digital TV Banter.
The comments are property of their posters.