Polaroid (ASDA) TVs

Old September 12th 17, 05:58 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Field

Default Polaroid (ASDA) TVs

"Roderick Stewart" wrote in message
On Mon, 11 Sep 2017 22:17:50 +0100, tony sayer
wrote:

"All hail king Bill"!!....

All hail ***king who?

Napoleon.

Old September 12th 17, 06:02 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Field

"AnthonyL" wrote in message
On Mon, 11 Sep 2017 19:01:16 +0100, "Ian Field"
wrote:

Manufacturers seem to be striving towards the least number of production
lines they can get away with.

And it appears the maximum number of model numbers.

And the last scrap TV I harvested might even have had the same boards as the
different make I acquired and want parts for.

Old September 12th 17, 06:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

On 12/09/2017 18:57, Ian Field wrote:

"Bill wrote in message
news
On 10/09/2017 16:32, Huge wrote:

You're not related to Bill Wright by any chance?

Jhesus Christ, I hope not. He's not even a human being.

This is true. I am a god.

UR just copying Napoleon.

Caligula is more likely.
Old September 12th 17, 07:03 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Chris Green

Indy Jess John wrote:
On 12/09/2017 18:57, Ian Field wrote:

"Bill wrote in message
news
On 10/09/2017 16:32, Huge wrote:

You're not related to Bill Wright by any chance?

Jhesus Christ, I hope not. He's not even a human being.

This is true. I am a god.

UR just copying Napoleon.

Caligula is more likely.

The emperor Caligula
Had habits somewhat irrigula
When he sat down to lunch
He got drunk at ounch

--
Chris Green
·
Old September 12th 17, 07:13 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tony sayer

In article , Huge
scribeth thus
On 2017-09-11, tony sayer wrote:
In article , JNugent
scribeth thus
On 11/09/2017 13:33, charles wrote:
In article ,
Huge wrote:

[22 lines snipped]

Gawd knows. The one lesson I've learned is that I'm not buying anything
on the basis of Internet reviews or the word of a salescreature, even
a John Lewis one. I want to have actual hands-on experience before I
buy.

how many shops will allow you to do that?

Richer Sounds will - as long as they have it on display.

Sod that never heard such a load of bull**** when i went there last they
were an order worse then Currys!

John Lewis were quite good, a well informed young man there knew his
stuff - still this was a few years ago now...

And we bought a Sony KDL40 summatt or 't other!

It was a "well informed young man there [who] knew his stuff" who stitched
me up with the ****ty Samsung.

Confucius he say; can't win them all Guv!...
--
Tony Sayer

Old September 13th 17, 12:31 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 12/09/2017 18:57, Ian Field wrote:

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
news
On 10/09/2017 16:32, Huge wrote:

You're not related to Bill Wright by any chance?

Jhesus Christ, I hope not. He's not even a human being.

This is true. I am a god.

UR just copying Napoleon.

No he copied me because I created heaven and earth and him.

Old September 13th 17, 12:34 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 12/09/2017 19:45, Indy Jess John wrote:
On 12/09/2017 18:57, Ian Field wrote:

"Bill * wrote in message
news
On 10/09/2017 16:32, Huge wrote:

You're not related to Bill Wright by any chance?

Jhesus Christ, I hope not. He's not even a human being.

This is true. I am a god.

UR just copying Napoleon.

Caligula is more likely.

I've googled him. He sounds like a cool guy.

Old September 13th 17, 10:16 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Java Jive[_2_]

On Tue, 12 Sep 2017 20:03:38 +0100, Chris Green wrote:

The emperor Caligula
Had habits somewhat irrigula
When he sat down to lunch
He got drunk at ounch

And everyone said "What a pig you are!"
Old September 13th 17, 07:07 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Tweed[_3_]

On 2017-09-12, Roderick Stewart wrote:
On Mon, 11 Sep 2017 16:24:47 +0000 (UTC), Tweed
wrote:

If it helps I've recently purchased this via Amazon. Samsung UE40KU6000k
40-inch TV. I've found it to be very good. The smart features have come on
leaps and bounds since my last Samsung TV. I think the early efforts at
smartness have poisoned the well a bit.

"Smart" features will probably make even more leaps and bounds long
before you need to replace your TV, by which time the performance of
those features that are built in will look slow and primitive compared
with what is available in external boxes, or of course an expensive
new TV. Some of the features may no longer work at all. External boxes
are cheaper to replace than TVs, so they're the best way to keep up.

+1

I think my point is that the currently delivered smart features aren't as
terrible as they were. As it's pretty hard to buy a TV with a decent panel
and picture engine that is "thick", you might as well use the smart
features if they meet your needs. It doesn't stop you adding a super duper
Einstein brainy external box at a later date. Some people seem to be
determined to find difficulties at every turn.
Old September 13th 17, 08:34 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Field

On 10/09/2017 16:32, Huge wrote:

You're not related to Bill Wright by any chance?

Jhesus Christ, I hope not. He's not even a human being.

This is true. I am a god.

UR just copying Napoleon.

No he copied me because I created heaven and earth and him.

You certainly have greater delusions of grandeur than him.