Scambled?

Old August 24th 17, 12:11 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

Default Scambled?

We sat down last night to watch the episode of Inspector Montalbano
recorded on Saturday evening on BBC4, but instead all we have is 1hr 58
mins. of a screen message saying that the channel was either scrambled
or not available. I don't think I was doing any other recordings that
could have overlapped with that one. It tried, and got the timing
right, it just didn't record the programme.

I see that Brian reported a failure of the BBC last night, were they
practising last Saturday evening, or was something else going on?

Any ideas? The PVR is a Humax Fox-T2.

--
Davey.
Old August 24th 17, 01:27 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Duncanson

On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 12:11:59 +0100, Davey wrote:

We sat down last night to watch the episode of Inspector Montalbano
recorded on Saturday evening on BBC4, but instead all we have is 1hr 58
mins. of a screen message saying that the channel was either scrambled
or not available. I don't think I was doing any other recordings that
could have overlapped with that one. It tried, and got the timing
right, it just didn't record the programme.

I see that Brian reported a failure of the BBC last night, were they
practising last Saturday evening, or was something else going on?

Any ideas? The PVR is a Humax Fox-T2.

I get that occasionally with a Humax Fox-T2. It is not alway a faulty
recording. The box can get "confused" and fail to replayed a perfectly
good recording. If so it can be fixed by powering the box off and on.
The recording might then be viewable.

There is no garantee, but this does work for me sometimes.

--
Peter Duncanson
(in uk.tech.digital-tv)
Old August 24th 17, 01:53 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

wrote:

We sat down last night to watch the episode of Inspector Montalbano
recorded on Saturday evening on BBC4, but instead all we have is 1hr
58 mins. of a screen message saying that the channel was either
scrambled or not available. I don't think I was doing any other
recordings that could have overlapped with that one. It tried, and
got the timing right, it just didn't record the programme.

I see that Brian reported a failure of the BBC last night, were they
practising last Saturday evening, or was something else going on?

Any ideas? The PVR is a Humax Fox-T2.

I get that occasionally with a Humax Fox-T2. It is not alway a faulty
recording. The box can get "confused" and fail to replayed a perfectly
good recording. If so it can be fixed by powering the box off and on.
The recording might then be viewable.

There is no garantee, but this does work for me sometimes.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it. We watched it on iPlayer anyway, but
it's worth knowing if it's a fix. I might have deleted it by now
anyway, of course.
And I'll backup my recording list first, just in case.

--
Davey.
Old August 24th 17, 07:56 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

"Davey" wrote in message
news
We sat down last night to watch the episode of Inspector Montalbano
recorded on Saturday evening on BBC4, but instead all we have is 1hr
58
mins. of a screen message saying that the channel was either
scrambled
or not available. I don't think I was doing any other recordings
that
could have overlapped with that one. It tried, and got the timing
right, it just didn't record the programme.

I see that Brian reported a failure of the BBC last night, were they
practising last Saturday evening, or was something else going on?

Any ideas? The PVR is a Humax Fox-T2.

--

We have one of those and it recorded perfectly. SWMBO watched it
Monday evening so it must have been OK.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old August 25th 17, 12:33 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

Default Scrambled?

On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 19:56:19 +0100
"Woody" wrote:

"Davey" wrote in message
news
We sat down last night to watch the episode of Inspector Montalbano
recorded on Saturday evening on BBC4, but instead all we have is
1hr 58
mins. of a screen message saying that the channel was either
scrambled
or not available. I don't think I was doing any other recordings
that
could have overlapped with that one. It tried, and got the timing
right, it just didn't record the programme.

I see that Brian reported a failure of the BBC last night, were they
practising last Saturday evening, or was something else going on?

Any ideas? The PVR is a Humax Fox-T2.

--

We have one of those and it recorded perfectly. SWMBO watched it
Monday evening so it must have been OK.

Thanks. Just one of those things, apparently. I looked at the recording
via the Customised Firmware, thinking I would see if it would decrypt,
but it is listed as already decrypted, so I'll try the hard reset idea,
just in case.

--
Davey.
Old August 25th 17, 12:18 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Duncanson

On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 00:33:30 +0100, Davey wrote:

On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 19:56:19 +0100
"Woody" wrote:

"Davey" wrote in message
news
[...]

Powering off an on again isn't a hard reset.

--
Peter Duncanson
(in uk.tech.digital-tv)
Old August 25th 17, 12:37 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

wrote:

On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 19:56:19 +0100
"Woody" wrote:

"Davey" wrote in message
news We sat down last night to watch the episode of Inspector
[...]

Ok. Your original recommendation was to power it off and on again, so
that's what I'll try. I don't have a high expectation of success,
though.

--
Davey.
Old August 25th 17, 06:19 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

"Woody" wrote:

"Davey" wrote in message
[...]

No difference. End of experiment, "just one of those things".

--
Davey.
Old August 25th 17, 10:14 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Yellow[_3_]

In article , lid
says...

"Woody" wrote:

"Davey" wrote in message
[...]

I have had this happen a couple of times over the years and a power off
and on again has done the trick.