HDMI cable

Old August 22nd 17, 12:23 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark[_6_]

Default HDMI cable

I need a new HDMI cable for my PS4 as the old one no longer works. Is
there much difference between cables on the market as there seems to
be loads at different prices?
Old August 22nd 17, 12:41 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Tim+[_4_]

Mark wrote:
I need a new HDMI cable for my PS4 as the old one no longer works. Is
there much difference between cables on the market as there seems to
be loads at different prices?

This one seems well reviewed. Must be a good one. ;-)

http://www.russandrews.com/kimber-hd...e-28199997979/

For the removal of any doubt, I never spend more than £5 on one, which is
probably £4 more than I need to. ;-)

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Old August 22nd 17, 12:55 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark[_6_]

On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 11:41:21 -0000 (UTC), Tim+
wrote:

Mark wrote:
I need a new HDMI cable for my PS4 as the old one no longer works. Is
there much difference between cables on the market as there seems to
be loads at different prices?

This one seems well reviewed. Must be a good one. ;-)

http://www.russandrews.com/kimber-hd...e-28199997979/

I should have said. I don't want one made of kryptonite.

Old August 22nd 17, 01:16 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

On 22/08/2017 12:41, Tim+ wrote:
wrote:
I need a new HDMI cable for my PS4 as the old one no longer works. Is
there much difference between cables on the market as there seems to
be loads at different prices?

This one seems well reviewed. Must be a good one. ;-)

http://www.russandrews.com/kimber-hd...e-28199997979/

For the removal of any doubt, I never spend more than £5 on one, which is
probably £4 more than I need to. ;-)

Tim

I am using a cheap and cheerful from Poundland from PVR to TV and that
seems OK, but it is only a metre long. If you need a greater distance
than that, have a look at what is on offer on ebay, because the second
cheapest at that length is probably the going rate in other outlets if
you prefer not to shop at ebay.

Even the longer lengths should be available at a reasonable price. I
bought a 3 Metre cable from ebay with change out of a fiver so that I
can remote my laptop to the TV if I need a big screen display.

Old August 22nd 17, 01:41 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark[_6_]

On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 13:16:16 +0100, Indy Jess John
wrote:

On 22/08/2017 12:41, Tim+ wrote:
wrote:
I need a new HDMI cable for my PS4 as the old one no longer works. Is
there much difference between cables on the market as there seems to
be loads at different prices?

This one seems well reviewed. Must be a good one. ;-)

http://www.russandrews.com/kimber-hd...e-28199997979/

For the removal of any doubt, I never spend more than £5 on one, which is
probably £4 more than I need to. ;-)

Tim

I am using a cheap and cheerful from Poundland from PVR to TV and that
seems OK, but it is only a metre long. If you need a greater distance
than that, have a look at what is on offer on ebay, because the second
cheapest at that length is probably the going rate in other outlets if
you prefer not to shop at ebay.

Cheap cable ordered from Ebay :-)

Old August 22nd 17, 02:15 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
lewhiggins

On 22/08/2017 12:23, Mark wrote:
I need a new HDMI cable for my PS4 as the old one no longer works. Is
there much difference between cables on the market as there seems to
be loads at different prices?

For most purposes it doesn't matter, but not all HDMI cables are the
same and it may affect you depending on your setup. For an explanation
of the various versions see:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI

--
Lew
Old August 22nd 17, 03:58 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

Best local option is ProCeption cable from Toolstation - as good as
you will get at the right price.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old August 22nd 17, 04:10 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave W

"Indy Jess John" wrote in message

I am using a cheap and cheerful from Poundland from PVR to TV and that
seems OK, but it is only a metre long. If you need a greater distance
than that, have a look at what is on offer on ebay, because the second
cheapest at that length is probably the going rate in other outlets if you
prefer not to shop at ebay.

Even the longer lengths should be available at a reasonable price. I
bought a 3 Metre cable from ebay with change out of a fiver so that I can
remote my laptop to the TV if I need a big screen display.

Jim

My first experience of HD TV was via a Poundland HDMI cable after it dawned
on me that a SCART cable wouldn't do. However I abandoned it and bought
Maplin's cheapest because there was no individual screening and so picked up
interference from neighbouring equipment.
--
Dave W

Old August 22nd 17, 04:57 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jim Lesurf[_2_]

In article , lewhiggins
wrote:
On 22/08/2017 12:23, Mark wrote:
I need a new HDMI cable for my PS4 as the old one no longer works. Is
there much difference between cables on the market as there seems to
be loads at different prices?

For most purposes it doesn't matter, but not all HDMI cables are the
same and it may affect you depending on your setup. For an explanation
of the various versions see:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI

Which tends to lead (pun alert!) on to the practical problem of HDMI cables
which aren't fully described at the point of sale, etc. Leaving the
potential buyer to guess. Its a bungle out there...

Old August 22nd 17, 06:05 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Ha ha.
Actually the real question is how long has it to be? I have heard of
dropouts and weird things going on on long hdmi cables.

"Tim+" wrote in message
news