Query: Reception on Cambs. - Norfolk Border

Old August 24th 17, 01:28 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]

Default Query: Reception on Cambs. - Norfolk Border

On 24/08/2017 11:56, Davey wrote:

I've never seen Mustard, is it directional and pointed at Norwich?

Yep

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/asse...12/Norwich.png

--
Mark
Old August 24th 17, 01:56 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 13:25:49 +0100
Bill Wright wrote:

On 24/08/2017 11:56, Davey wrote:
On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 07:37:41 +0100
Mark Carver wrote:

On 24/08/2017 01:54, Bill Wright wrote:
On 23/08/2017 12:16, Davey wrote:
On Wed, 23 Aug 2017 03:47:55 +0100
Bill Wright wrote:

- and
if you are lucky it will have a 4G filter built in.

Can be a problem with Belmont and to a lesser extent with
Taccy.

Because there are few 4G signals near Tacolneston? One advantage
of being out in 'the sticks'.

Without looking it up, I don't think Taccy uses channel 60.

It doesn't, Ch 59 is the highest, (used for PSB 2)

However, next June the main six muxes all move to
39,40,42,43,45,46, COM 7 and 8 to 55, 56, and Musturd Telly to 32

I've never seen Mustard, is it directional and pointed at Norwich?

Yes I think so. I could receive it when I was at Beighton, to the
east or Poringland, but not at all when I was in Suffolk.

Bill

Next question:

Am I missing anything?

--
Davey.
Old August 24th 17, 07:24 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Mark Carver wrote:

On 24/08/2017 01:54, Bill Wright wrote:
On 23/08/2017 12:16, Davey wrote:
On Wed, 23 Aug 2017 03:47:55 +0100

I've never seen Mustard, is it directional and pointed at Norwich?

Yes I think so. I could receive it when I was at Beighton, to the
east or Poringland, but not at all when I was in Suffolk.

Bill

Next question:

Am I missing anything?

No, not at all. It's just like watching somebody else's hobby, videoed
by a child. Not an interesting hobby either.

Old August 24th 17, 07:30 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 19:24:14 +0100
Bill Wright wrote:

Next question:

Am I missing anything?

No, not at all. It's just like watching somebody else's hobby,
videoed by a child. Not an interesting hobby either.

Mustard-making?

--
Davey.
Old August 24th 17, 09:47 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
James Heaton

news

Mark Carver wrote:

On 24/08/2017 01:54, Bill Wright wrote:
On 23/08/2017 12:16, Davey wrote:
On Wed, 23 Aug 2017 03:47:55 +0100

I've never seen Mustard, is it directional and pointed at Norwich?

Yes I think so. I could receive it when I was at Beighton, to the
east or Poringland, but not at all when I was in Suffolk.

Bill

Next question:

Am I missing anything?

No, not at all. It's just like watching somebody else's hobby, videoed by
a child. Not an interesting hobby either.

Although it may be about to change. Archant Media have apparently sold the
station to That's TV, whoever they are...

Many of the staff are at risk from the change

I wonder if they'll keep some sort of agreement with Archant? They are
predominantly print, but their print journalists do many of the spots for
the news.

One of the evening show presenters is the morning presenter on BBC Radio
Norfolk, although he uses the LP version of his name for the evening show,
Nicholas Conrad not Nick.

James

Old August 25th 17, 12:34 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 21:47:30 +0100
"James Heaton" wrote:

No, not at all. It's just like watching somebody else's hobby,
videoed by a child. Not an interesting hobby either.

Although it may be about to change. Archant Media have apparently
sold the station to That's TV, whoever they are...

Many of the staff are at risk from the change

I wonder if they'll keep some sort of agreement with Archant? They
are predominantly print, but their print journalists do many of the
spots for the news.

One of the evening show presenters is the morning presenter on BBC
Radio Norfolk, although he uses the LP version of his name for the
evening show, Nicholas Conrad not Nick.

None of which tells me anything about what it shows.

--
Davey.
Old August 25th 17, 07:36 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]

On 24/08/2017 21:47, James Heaton wrote:

"Bill Wright" wrote in message

No, not at all. It's just like watching somebody else's hobby, videoed
by a child. Not an interesting hobby either.

Although it may be about to change.* Archant Media have apparently sold
the station to That's TV, whoever they are...

That's TV run the local stations in Southampton/Portsmouth, Reading,
Basingstoke, Guildford, Salisbury, York, Scarborough, Carlisle, and
Manchester.

They are like watching somebody else's hobby, videoed by a dog

--
Mark
Old August 25th 17, 11:44 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 25/08/2017 08:25, brightside S9 wrote:

They are like watching somebody else's hobby, videoed by a dog

The trouble with Sheffield Live apart from the appalling technical
quality is that you'd think you were watching a cross between Islamabad
State Television and The Marxist Channel.

Old August 25th 17, 07:44 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
James Heaton

news
"James Heaton" wrote:

No, not at all. It's just like watching somebody else's hobby,
videoed by a child. Not an interesting hobby either.

Although it may be about to change. Archant Media have apparently
sold the station to That's TV, whoever they are...

Many of the staff are at risk from the change

I wonder if they'll keep some sort of agreement with Archant? They
are predominantly print, but their print journalists do many of the
spots for the news.

One of the evening show presenters is the morning presenter on BBC
Radio Norfolk, although he uses the LP version of his name for the
evening show, Nicholas Conrad not Nick.

None of which tells me anything about what it shows.

True. Allow me to rectify:

On air 5h per day in the week, mainly repeats at weekends.

Shows include 'The Mustard show' which is the aforementioned evening show;
think a local version of the One Show.
Mustard News - 1/2 hour bulletin shown twice.
Various local documentaries, football specials, etc.

I find something I want to watch on it about once a month. When they
started, they showed a lot of old Anglia local documentaries, but haven't
shown them for ages.

They also showed the tv premiere of the film 'In love with Alma Cogan' which
was shot in Cromer and starred local resident Roger Lloyd-Pack, now
deceased.

James

Old August 26th 17, 02:38 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 19:44:37 +0100
"James Heaton" wrote:

news

[...]