OK time to do another freeview re tune

Old August 18th 17, 11:16 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

Default OK time to do another freeview re tune

On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 19:37:06 +0100

On 2017-08-18, Davey wrote:
On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 11:48:50 +0100
"Brian Gaff" wrote:

I do not follow you at all with this comment.
can you elucidate?
Brian

BBC iPlayer recently offered 'Classic Hip-Hop' as it's first
choice, when it was opened, above all the normal menu items. But
to me, there is no such thing as 'Classic Hip-Hop', it's not music
to my ears.

Hip-Hop and Rap are both examples (IMHO) of the difference between an
undoubted skill (sometimes) and something that is bearable to listen
to.

One friend of mine always puts a 'c' before Rap.

--
Davey.
Old August 19th 17, 08:32 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Hip Hop as a genre is not really well defined in my mind. Its just another
way of making music, and to me its quite annoying if I have to be honest.
I bought two CDs recently, The Shires. Those are real music from people who
can sing and play.
The new album from Martine Mcuchan(speeling off today) is also very good.
Some of these people who make hip hop seem to just be so derivative and use
old tunes, many cannot sing without artificial aids.
However pop music has always had these people in it, its just that fads and
technical systems have changed.
I do find the modern 'estuewry English, which sounds like a mixture of
black American, cockney and lazy speak a bit off-putting. I don't mind
accents, but when everyone is trying to sound trendy by doing it its
nonsense!

news

Old August 19th 17, 08:35 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Well see my other post. I don't condemn all, but I do think that nowadays it
seems to be all about ear worms, and if you don't have the right ears it is
just tedious.

Rap is another interesting thing. Yes there are clever rappers and clever
words, but many of the genre is just crap dressed up as something else. Its
like the kings new clothes. Many of these people think they invented rap.
Its been around since the dawn of time, we used tocall it poetry.

news

Old August 19th 17, 10:42 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

On Sat, 19 Aug 2017 09:32:03 +0100
"Brian Gaff" wrote:

Hip Hop as a genre is not really well defined in my mind. Its just
another way of making music, and to me its quite annoying if I have
to be honest. I bought two CDs recently, The Shires. Those are real
music from people who can sing and play.
The new album from Martine Mcuchan(speeling off today) is also very
good. Some of these people who make hip hop seem to just be so
derivative and use old tunes, many cannot sing without artificial
aids. However pop music has always had these people in it, its just
that fads and technical systems have changed.
I do find the modern 'estuewry English, which sounds like a mixture
of black American, cockney and lazy speak a bit off-putting. I don't
mind accents, but when everyone is trying to sound trendy by doing it
its nonsense!
Brian

Bring back R.P. as used by BBC announcers some years ago!

Occasionally, I will tune to the Freeview pop channel, but it's always
just variations on a theme. At least our local boy, Ed Sheeran, does
some better stuff.

--
Davey.
Old August 19th 17, 11:27 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
NY

news
"NY" wrote:

"Huge" wrote in message
BBC iPlayer recently offered 'Classic Hip-Hop' as it's first
choice, when it was opened, above all the normal menu items. But
to me, there is no such thing as 'Classic Hip-Hop', it's not music
to my ears.

Hip-Hop and Rap are both examples (IMHO) of the difference between an
undoubted skill (sometimes) and something that is bearable to listen
to.

One friend of mine always puts a 'c' before Rap.

Or as I talk of it "rap - the C is silent".

Old August 20th 17, 05:44 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Crosland

On 17/08/2017 15:39, Brian Gaff wrote:
They probably turn around three times, throw salt over their shoulder,
mutter an incarnation (Not the milk) and then go down the pub.
Brian

RAOTFLOL!

--
Peter Crosland