Humax PVR9300T.

Old August 13th 17, 06:00 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Field

Default Humax PVR9300T.

Why is my Humax PVR9300T slower than a M$ OS?!!!!!

Thanks.
Old August 14th 17, 05:42 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Field

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Aug 2017 19:00:47 +0100, "Ian Field"
wrote:

Why is my Humax PVR9300T slower than a M$ OS?!!!!!

Using which processor?

AFAICR: that one hasn't needed re capping yet - so I never got around to
looking inside.

Old August 14th 17, 07:51 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Field

wrote:

Why is my Humax PVR9300T slower than a M$ OS?!!!!!

Using which processor?

Poking around the menus looking for that info invoked channel search - it
got BBC London again instead of BBC East.

Would an attenuator stop it doing that?

Old August 14th 17, 09:27 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

wrote:

Why is my Humax PVR9300T slower than a M$ OS?!!!!!

Using which processor?

Poking around the menus looking for that info invoked channel search -
it got BBC London again instead of BBC East.

Would an attenuator stop it doing that?

Manual tuning of the relevant UHF channels is the usual recommendation
to fix that problem.

--
Max Demian
Old August 15th 17, 06:37 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Field

wrote:

Why is my Humax PVR9300T slower than a M$ OS?!!!!!

Using which processor?

Poking around the menus looking for that info invoked channel search - it
got BBC London again instead of BBC East.

Would an attenuator stop it doing that?

Manual tuning of the relevant UHF channels is the usual recommendation to
fix that problem.

Can't find the user manual and/or figure out the manual tuning
doofer....................

I'm after the Sandy Heath transmitter if you have any idea how to proceed?

Old August 15th 17, 07:13 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

wrote:

Why is my Humax PVR9300T slower than a M$ OS?!!!!!

Using which processor?

Poking around the menus looking for that info invoked channel search
- it got BBC London again instead of BBC East.

Would an attenuator stop it doing that?

Manual tuning of the relevant UHF channels is the usual recommendation
to fix that problem.

Can't find the user manual and/or figure out the manual tuning
doofer....................

http://www.superfi.co.uk/images/manu...00t_manual.pdf

Section 10.2, "Manual Search", p61.

I'm after the Sandy Heath transmitter if you have any idea how to proceed?

http://www.aerialsandtv.com/sandytransmitter.html

See the extreme RHS column, "Now", for the UHF channel numbers.

--
Max Demian
Old August 15th 17, 07:21 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

wrote:

Why is my Humax PVR9300T slower than a M$ OS?!!!!!

Using which processor?

Poking around the menus looking for that info invoked channel
search - it got BBC London again instead of BBC East.

Would an attenuator stop it doing that?

Manual tuning of the relevant UHF channels is the usual
recommendation to fix that problem.

Can't find the user manual and/or figure out the manual tuning
doofer....................

I'm after the Sandy Heath transmitter if you have any idea how to
proceed?

Didn't look very far for manual tuning did you?

http://www.superfi.co.uk/images/manu...00t_manual.pdf

Page GB61 section 10.2 is rather revealing - maybe?

Sandy channels are 27, 24, 51, 52, and 48.

The other channels are 21, 32, and 34 but as they are HD channels and
this is a SD recorder they are of no consequence.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old August 15th 17, 07:53 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Field

"Woody" wrote in message
news

wrote:

Why is my Humax PVR9300T slower than a M$ OS?!!!!!

Using which processor?

Poking around the menus looking for that info invoked channel search -
it got BBC London again instead of BBC East.

Would an attenuator stop it doing that?

Manual tuning of the relevant UHF channels is the usual recommendation
to fix that problem.

Can't find the user manual and/or figure out the manual tuning
doofer....................

I'm after the Sandy Heath transmitter if you have any idea how to
proceed?

Didn't look very far for manual tuning did you?

http://www.superfi.co.uk/images/manu...00t_manual.pdf

Page GB61 section 10.2 is rather revealing - maybe?

Sandy channels are 27, 24, 51, 52, and 48.

The other channels are 21, 32, and 34 but as they are HD channels and this
is a SD recorder they are of no consequence.

Thanks - I need to move that to a PC that doesn't have a crap PDF
reader..................

Old August 15th 17, 09:30 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

On 15/08/2017 20:53, Ian Field wrote:

wrote in message
news

wrote:

[...]

It says
10.2 Manual Search
You can search channels manually by searching parameters, using the MUX
information.
1. Press the MENU button.
2. Select Installation using the up/down button and press the OK or
right arrow button.
3. Select Manual Search using the up/down button and press the OK or
right arrow button.

1. Channel
Enter the channel to search. When entering channel value, the
appropriate frequency value is displayed.
1. Select Channel using the up/down button and press the OK or right arrow
button.
2. Select one of channels using the up/down button and press the OK
button.
2. Frequency
Enter the frequency to search directly. When entering frequency, the
appropriate channel for the entered
frequency is automatically displayed on channel.
1. Select Frequency using the up/down button and press the OK or right
arrow button.
2. Enter the frequency using the NUMERIC(0-9) buttons and press the OK
button.
3. Network Search
If specified frequency channel information and other channel information
are provided together, the
channel belonging to another frequency is also searched.
1. Select Network Search using the up/down button.
2. Select Enable/Disable using the OK or right arrow button.

Old August 16th 17, 07:57 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Field

"Woody" wrote in message
news

wrote:

Why is my Humax PVR9300T slower than a M$ OS?!!!!!

Using which processor?

Poking around the menus looking for that info invoked channel search -
it got BBC London again instead of BBC East.

Would an attenuator stop it doing that?

Manual tuning of the relevant UHF channels is the usual recommendation
to fix that problem.

Can't find the user manual and/or figure out the manual tuning
doofer....................

I'm after the Sandy Heath transmitter if you have any idea how to
proceed?

Didn't look very far for manual tuning did you?

http://www.superfi.co.uk/images/manu...00t_manual.pdf

Page GB61 section 10.2 is rather revealing - maybe?

Sandy channels are 27, 24, 51, 52, and 48.

The first number didn't find any channels - one of those after it found
several BBC channels, but put them in weird places.

Manually scanning just the Sandy Heath numbers didn't get any BBC channels
at all.

Not the result I was hoping, but BBC London was unwatchable.