Humax PVR9300T.

Old August 18th 17, 06:03 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Field

Default Humax PVR9300T.

"UnsteadyKen" wrote in message
T...
In article , gangprobing.alien1
@virginmedia.com says...
Nope - it ignores Sandy heath, BBC1 E ends up on 800 when I do a manual
scan
and add channels.

BBC E is not on Sandy

That might be why it only ends up in the EPG when the weather is right -
what do I do about that?

Old August 18th 17, 06:12 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

"Ian Field" wrote in message

"UnsteadyKen" wrote in message
T...
In article , gangprobing.alien1
@virginmedia.com says...
Nope - it ignores Sandy heath, BBC1 E ends up on 800 when I do a
manual scan
and add channels.

BBC E is not on Sandy

That might be why it only ends up in the EPG when the weather is
right - what do I do about that?

I wonder if there is some confusion here. Anglia is transmitted in two
halves, just as many ITV regions are. Here it is Anglia East which is
from Tacolnestion and Sudbury and a few slaves, and Anglia West which
is primarily from Sandy Heath. They are defined for BBC as BBC E E and
BBC E W which should show up correctly on the now and next box
although maybe not on the EPG.

The difference between the areas of course is the regional news
bulletins and some regionalised advertising.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old August 18th 17, 06:49 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Field

"Woody" wrote in message
news

"Ian Field" wrote in message

"UnsteadyKen" wrote in message
T...
In article , gangprobing.alien1
@virginmedia.com says...
Nope - it ignores Sandy heath, BBC1 E ends up on 800 when I do a manual
scan
and add channels.

BBC E is not on Sandy

That might be why it only ends up in the EPG when the weather is right -
what do I do about that?

I wonder if there is some confusion here. Anglia is transmitted in two
halves, just as many ITV regions are. Here it is Anglia East which is from
Tacolnestion and Sudbury and a few slaves, and Anglia West which is
primarily from Sandy Heath. They are defined for BBC as BBC E E and BBC E
W which should show up correctly on the now and next box

BBC E W is the one I'm after - but EE would probably be better than London.

Old August 28th 17, 02:03 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Ian Field" wrote in message
Why is my Humax PVR9300T slower than a M$ OS?!!!!!

because the numpties that programmed it were not experienced at writing real
time multi-tasking software

(and yes I can back that up with concrete examples of mistakes that they
have made)

tim

Old August 28th 17, 02:07 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Woody" wrote in message
news

"Ian Field" wrote in message

"Woody" wrote in message
news

"Ian Field" wrote in message

"Woody" wrote in message
news
"Ian Field" wrote in message

"Woody" wrote in message
news
"Ian Field" wrote in message

"Max Demian" wrote in message
On 14/08/2017 20:51, Ian Field wrote:
"Martin" wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Aug 2017 19:00:47 +0100, "Ian Field"
wrote:

Why is my Humax PVR9300T slower than a M$ OS?!!!!!

Using which processor?

Poking around the menus looking for that info invoked channel
search - it got BBC London again instead of BBC East.

Would an attenuator stop it doing that?

Manual tuning of the relevant UHF channels is the usual
recommendation to fix that problem.

Can't find the user manual and/or figure out the manual tuning
doofer....................

I'm after the Sandy Heath transmitter if you have any idea how to
proceed?

Didn't look very far for manual tuning did you?

http://www.superfi.co.uk/images/manu...00t_manual.pdf

Page GB61 section 10.2 is rather revealing - maybe?

Sandy channels are 27, 24, 51, 52, and 48.

The first number didn't find any channels - one of those after it
found several BBC channels, but put them in weird places.

Manually scanning just the Sandy Heath numbers didn't get any BBC
channels at all.

Not the result I was hoping, but BBC London was unwatchable.

Now this may seem a daft question, but if you are trying to receive
Sandy where are you, how high is your aerial and which direction and
polarity is it pointing?

Its pointed at Sandy heath, which i'd be able to see the mast
navigation lights if I stood on the roof next to it - London is at
least 5x further away.

London is so weak it keeps breaking up - but that doesn't stop my PVR
ignoring Sandy Heath.

Ah, got it. Your PVR is not ignoring Sandy, it has at some point just
found Crystal Palace first and is putting Sandy in the 800's as it
thinks they are duplicates.

Nope - it ignores Sandy heath, BBC1 E ends up on 800 when I do a manual
scan and add channels.

That was the point I was making, you need to wipe what it knows already
and then do a full manual channel load.

I advised the easy way to wipe the memories which usually works, but it
may be with a Hummy that it doesn't and you have to dig into the menu
system to do something called "factory default" or "system reset" or
similar. The risk with that is that you may also wipe the disc memory so
you cannot be 100% certain that your recordings will survive.

that's one mistake that Hummy didn't make :-)

tim

Old August 28th 17, 02:08 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Ian Field" wrote in message

"UnsteadyKen" wrote in message
T...
In article , gangprobing.alien1
@virginmedia.com says...
Nope - it ignores Sandy heath, BBC1 E ends up on 800 when I do a manual
scan
and add channels.

BBC E is not on Sandy

That might be why it only ends up in the EPG when the weather is right -
what do I do about that?

you point your aerial at a different transmitter

tim

Old August 28th 17, 05:47 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Field

"tim..." wrote in message
news

"Ian Field" wrote in message
Why is my Humax PVR9300T slower than a M$ OS?!!!!!

because the numpties that programmed it were not experienced at writing
real time multi-tasking software

(and yes I can back that up with concrete examples of mistakes that they
have made)

You should've seen the crap pinnacle software that came with a Mobi DTV
stick.......................

Old August 29th 17, 10:22 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Martin" wrote in message
On Mon, 28 Aug 2017 18:47:54 +0100, "Ian Field"
wrote:

"tim..." wrote in message
news

"Ian Field" wrote in message
Why is my Humax PVR9300T slower than a M$ OS?!!!!!

because the numpties that programmed it were not experienced at writing
real time multi-tasking software

(and yes I can back that up with concrete examples of mistakes that they
have made)

You should've seen the crap pinnacle software that came with a Mobi DTV
stick.......................

Which M$ OS running on which processor are you comparing Humax PVR9300T
with?

Win 10 starts up far faster than the current Humax boxes.
--

Martin in Zuid Holland

Old August 29th 17, 10:27 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Martin" wrote in message
On Mon, 28 Aug 2017 18:47:54 +0100, "Ian Field"
wrote:

"tim..." wrote in message
news

"Ian Field" wrote in message
Why is my Humax PVR9300T slower than a M$ OS?!!!!!

because the numpties that programmed it were not experienced at writing
real time multi-tasking software

(and yes I can back that up with concrete examples of mistakes that they
have made)

You should've seen the crap pinnacle software that came with a Mobi DTV
stick.......................

Which M$ OS running on which processor are you comparing Humax PVR9300T
with?

Win 10 starts up far faster than the current Humax boxes.

opps, pressed wrong button!

However, they are different start up process

W10 startup is pure housekeeping, which can be as long or shot as MS want it
to be.

the Hummy boxes are "boot from NAND" products. Their start up process is
necessarily copying the executable code from a form of ROM where it cannot
be executed into RAM where it can

How long it takes is a function of how big the code is. Want more features
in the product, it takes longer to start up

Your mobo and tablet work the same way

tim

--

Martin in Zuid Holland

Old September 22nd 17, 12:49 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark[_6_]

On Tue, 29 Aug 2017 10:27:36 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Mon, 28 Aug 2017 18:47:54 +0100, "Ian Field"
wrote:

"tim..." wrote in message
news

"Ian Field" wrote in message
Why is my Humax PVR9300T slower than a M$ OS?!!!!!

because the numpties that programmed it were not experienced at writing
real time multi-tasking software

(and yes I can back that up with concrete examples of mistakes that they
have made)

You should've seen the crap pinnacle software that came with a Mobi DTV

Which M$ OS running on which processor are you comparing Humax PVR9300T with?

Win 10 starts up far faster than the current Humax boxes.

Win 10 is designed to start up quickly. For example, it loads all the
drivers in background *after* start-up.