Humax PVR9300T.

Old August 16th 17, 08:32 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

Default Humax PVR9300T.

"Ian Field" wrote in message

"Woody" wrote in message
news

"Ian Field" wrote in message

"Max Demian" wrote in message
On 14/08/2017 20:51, Ian Field wrote:
"Martin" wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Aug 2017 19:00:47 +0100, "Ian Field"
wrote:

Why is my Humax PVR9300T slower than a M$ OS?!!!!!

Using which processor?

Poking around the menus looking for that info invoked channel
search - it got BBC London again instead of BBC East.

Would an attenuator stop it doing that?

Manual tuning of the relevant UHF channels is the usual
recommendation to fix that problem.

Can't find the user manual and/or figure out the manual tuning
doofer....................

I'm after the Sandy Heath transmitter if you have any idea how to
proceed?

Didn't look very far for manual tuning did you?

http://www.superfi.co.uk/images/manu...00t_manual.pdf

Page GB61 section 10.2 is rather revealing - maybe?

Sandy channels are 27, 24, 51, 52, and 48.

The first number didn't find any channels - one of those after it
found several BBC channels, but put them in weird places.

Manually scanning just the Sandy Heath numbers didn't get any BBC
channels at all.

Not the result I was hoping, but BBC London was unwatchable.

Now this may seem a daft question, but if you are trying to receive
Sandy where are you, how high is your aerial and which direction and
polarity is it pointing?

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old August 16th 17, 08:52 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Field

"Woody" wrote in message
news

"Ian Field" wrote in message

"Woody" wrote in message
news

wrote:

[...]

Its pointed at Sandy heath, which i'd be able to see the mast navigation
lights if I stood on the roof next to it - London is at least 5x further
away.

London is so weak it keeps breaking up - but that doesn't stop my PVR
ignoring Sandy Heath.

Old August 17th 17, 06:35 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

"Ian Field" wrote in message

"Woody" wrote in message
news

"Ian Field" wrote in message

"Woody" wrote in message
news

wrote:

[...]

Ah, got it. Your PVR is not ignoring Sandy, it has at some point just
found Crystal Palace first and is putting Sandy in the 800's as it
thinks they are duplicates.

The easiest solution is to disconnect the aerial and do an autotune.
This will wipe the existing station memories. Then reconnect and do a
full MANUAL retune of all five Sandy muxes (channels above) and it
should find them correctly.

It is all down to the stupid way that TVs etc autotune - they start at
the bottom and tune upwards and CP channels are all in group A (the
20's) where Sandy is split across two groups. The manufacturers
overcame this with later firmware by placing a regionalisation* option
at the end of the autotune which your PVR, being older, does not have.
Doing a full manual tune is the only way around it.

*This still does not stop problems if you have the same region on two
transmitters in different channel bands but within reception range.
Again in that situation manual tuning is the only option.

Old August 17th 17, 07:12 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

On 17/08/2017 07:35, Woody wrote:

It is all down to the stupid way that TVs etc autotune - they start at
the bottom and tune upwards and CP channels are all in group A (the
20's) where Sandy is split across two groups. The manufacturers
overcame this with later firmware by placing a regionalisation* option
at the end of the autotune which your PVR, being older, does not have.
Doing a full manual tune is the only way around it.

I have an elderly SD-only Panasonic that starts at 20 and works up, and
it stores any channel as it finds them along with its strength
indicator. If it later finds a stronger signal on a channel it already
has, it replaces the earlier find with the later one. It has never
given a problem on an automatic retune, always presenting a set of the
strongest signals. Although it also has a manual retune option, I have
never needed to use it.

If they could do that in a box bought many years ago and it was
successful, why did they drop the idea in the later models?

Old August 17th 17, 09:21 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

On 17/08/2017 07:35, Woody wrote:
"Ian Field" wrote in message
"Woody" wrote in message
news
"Ian Field" wrote in message
"Woody" wrote in message
news http://www.superfi.co.uk/images/manu...00t_manual.pdf

[...]

I see. It's the lack of a "delete everything" option before the manual
tune that is the problem.

Old August 17th 17, 04:26 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

"Indy Jess John" wrote in message
[...]

I too have probably the same 26" TV and it does exactly as you
describe. The trouble is both Bilsdale and Emley are present here
within about 10 deg of 180 from each other and Bilsdale is a
marginally higher signal despite being on the back of the aerial. Ergo
I do an auto tune and it will select Bilsdale as it decides that is
the stronger station even though I want to watch Emley.

On other hand our also elderly Sharp 32" bedroom TV gets it right on
an autotune.

D'oh!

Old August 17th 17, 05:54 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Field

"Woody" wrote in message
news

"Ian Field" wrote in message

"Woody" wrote in message
news

"Ian Field" wrote in message

"Woody" wrote in message
news

wrote:

[...]

Nope - it ignores Sandy heath, BBC1 E ends up on 800 when I do a manual scan
and add channels.

Old August 17th 17, 06:36 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

"Ian Field" wrote in message

"Woody" wrote in message
news

"Ian Field" wrote in message

"Woody" wrote in message
news
"Ian Field" wrote in message

"Woody" wrote in message
news
"Ian Field" wrote in
message ...

wrote:

[...]

That was the point I was making, you need to wipe what it knows
already and then do a full manual channel load.

I advised the easy way to wipe the memories which usually works, but
it may be with a Hummy that it doesn't and you have to dig into the
menu system to do something called "factory default" or "system reset"
or similar. The risk with that is that you may also wipe the disc
memory so you cannot be 100% certain that your recordings will
survive.

Old August 17th 17, 07:13 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Field

"Woody" wrote in message
news

"Ian Field" wrote in message

"Woody" wrote in message
news

"Ian Field" wrote in message

"Woody" wrote in message
news
"Ian Field" wrote in message

"Woody" wrote in message
news

wrote:

[...]

There is a delete button after scan, I can abort by pressing menu with
nothing saved and it seems to launch automatic scan before giving me the
choice of manual - stopping that leaves it empty too.

The factory reset was done early on.

Old August 18th 17, 07:50 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
UnsteadyKen[_2_]

In article , gangprobing.alien1
@virginmedia.com says...
Nope - it ignores Sandy heath, BBC1 E ends up on 800 when I do a manual scan
and add channels.

BBC E is not on Sandy

Channel 27 from the Sandy Heath: ONID 0x233a
Transmitter: Cambs & Beds
Carries BBC1 East W: Service ID0x104d

--
Ken