ITV Newsroom background

Old August 13th 17, 09:26 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

Default ITV Newsroom background

On 13/08/2017 22:15, Pinnerite wrote:
Brian-Gaff wrote:

Yes its just production values really its cheap to do and so its done.

The recent furore about Dr Who made me recall with nostalgia the days when
the scenery wobbled (or was that recoiled).

I liked the "monster" that was made by wrapping bubble wrap around
someone's arm and spraying it with green paint.

--
Max Demian
Old August 14th 17, 06:37 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

"Pinnerite" wrote in message
news
Brian-Gaff wrote:

Yes its just production values really its cheap to do and so its
done.

Brian

The recent furore about Dr Who made me recall with nostalgia the
days when
the scenery wobbled (or was that recoiled).

I thought that was Crossroads?

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old August 14th 17, 03:00 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave W

On 2017-08-11, Dave W wrote:
In the ITV 'newsroom' which is mainly CGI, I find myself watching the
background more than the presenter. It's totally ludicrous, with
hundreds
of
screens and open laptops all showing different pictures, yet nobody
watching
them. I look out for a screen featuring a man in a red lifejacket, soon
after the background has been started up. I wonder how long it runs
before
repeating. Then again I have seen the whole 'newsroom' behind the
'glass'
miraculously replaced by a view of the Thames behind the same 'glass'.

There is a youtube video with Mary Nightingale, showing that only the
newsdesk is real, in front of a green screen.

ITV News must have a very low opinion of its audience.

What amazes me is that you believed any of it in the first place.

I didn't.

So why are you whinging about it?

Because it makes no sense. I can accept green screen if the background looks
real including people if appropriate, and I could accept ITV's multi-screens
if they were just pictures in the background without looking like computer
screens with nobody watching.
--
Dave W

Old August 14th 17, 04:01 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
MR

On Friday, 11 August 2017 22:04:41 UTC+1, Dave W wrote:
In the ITV 'newsroom' which is mainly CGI, I find myself watching the
background more than the presenter. It's totally ludicrous, with hundreds of
screens and open laptops all showing different pictures, yet nobody watching
them. I look out for a screen featuring a man in a red lifejacket, soon
after the background has been started up. I wonder how long it runs before
repeating. Then again I have seen the whole 'newsroom' behind the 'glass'
miraculously replaced by a view of the Thames behind the same 'glass'.

There is a youtube video with Mary Nightingale, showing that only the
newsdesk is real, in front of a green screen.

ITV News must have a very low opinion of its audience.
--
Dave W

Andrew Marr has a video background of London seemingly filmed from about 700 ft over Chiswick.
Old August 14th 17, 04:48 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave W

"MR" wrote in message
[...]

That's fine. No more annoying than commentators talking to camera outside HP
or No.10, as if that makes their reports more valid.
--
Dave W

Old August 14th 17, 05:04 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
John Hall[_2_]

In message , Dave W
writes

"MR" wrote in message

Andrew Marr has a video background of London seemingly filmed from about
700 ft over Chiswick.

That's fine. No more annoying than commentators talking to camera outside HP
or No.10, as if that makes their reports more valid.

But one can get a little innocent amusement from it when they are
required to do so in the pouring rain.
--
John Hall
"Three o'clock is always too late or too early
Old August 14th 17, 05:24 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On Saturday, 12 August 2017 21:33:01 UTC+1, Chris Green wrote:
Velcro doesn't hold anything on to anything unless it is also itself
stuck onto something.

Fuzzy-Felt did.

Owain

Old August 14th 17, 06:17 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 14/08/2017 14:07, Martin wrote:
On Mon, 14 Aug 2017 13:58:40 +0100, pamela wrote:

On 22:04 11 Aug 2017, Dave W wrote:

In the ITV 'newsroom' which is mainly CGI, I find myself
watching the background more than the presenter. It's totally
ludicrous, with hundreds of screens and open laptops all showing
different pictures, yet nobody watching them. I look out for a
screen featuring a man in a red lifejacket, soon after the
background has been started up. I wonder how long it runs before
repeating. Then again I have seen the whole 'newsroom' behind
the 'glass' miraculously replaced by a view of the Thames behind
the same 'glass'.

There is a youtube video with Mary Nightingale, showing that
only the newsdesk is real, in front of a green screen.

ITV News must have a very low opinion of its audience.

I thought these busy backgrounds (and constantly tracking cameras)
were there to entertain the viewer bored with any given news item.

I had the chance to compare Sky and BBC News last night. Within minutes of each
other somebody asked an expert for an explanation of Trumps response to
Charlottesville riots. BBC expert had a long winded waffle. Sky's said "He's a
racist."

If you compare the fact that Trump was democratically elected with the
overwhelmingly negative coverage he gets you get an inkling of the gulf
between the general public and those who have editorial control of the
media.

Old August 14th 17, 09:02 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
NY

"Martin" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 14 Aug 2017 18:04:19 +0100, John Hall
wrote:

In message , Dave W
writes

"MR" wrote in message

Andrew Marr has a video background of London seemingly filmed from
about
700 ft over Chiswick.

That's fine. No more annoying than commentators talking to camera outside
HP
or No.10, as if that makes their reports more valid.

But one can get a little innocent amusement from it when they are
required to do so in the pouring rain.

The best is when the flood water goes over the top of their wellies in the
pouring rain.

When the River Ouse flooded a few years ago (2012, IIRC) there were lots of
reporters out filming their "stand-up" reports while wearing waders,
standing in the flood water. I just missed a great photo as one woman was
standing in the side road by the Lowther Inn (the pub that always floods)
and a little inflatable boat came past and created a wake that knocked her
over.