When will the dummy channels be removed?

Old August 9th 17, 08:14 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default When will the dummy channels be removed?

Anyone know when all the dummy old channels will go away on Freeview? Until
that occurs I fancy my local mux channels will have to remain over ch 800. I
have been told by some people that the system is basically stuffed by the
huge number of channels and suffers this issue due to this. It has no memory
to shove things into the right slots, which might also explain some repeats
as well without the we have moved messages.

Old August 9th 17, 08:53 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

On 09/08/2017 09:14, Brian Gaff wrote:
Anyone know when all the dummy old channels will go away on Freeview?

I think this has been answered recently.
It was "a couple of weeks" for most of them (so around the third week in
August), but the Adult Channel ones will persist until early September.

Old August 9th 17, 08:28 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

On Wednesday, 9 August 2017 09:14:07 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
Anyone know when all the dummy old channels will go away on Freeview?

They're probably waiting until the Sparkly Tat Christmas Shoppe comes on air.

Owain

Old August 10th 17, 08:18 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

I have an issue with the adult channel rejig. Is it not a bit stupid to make
the next channel down from the highest so to speak to say adult section.
then have dummy channels? If little Johnny is clicking about he will see
this straight away and click down furiously in order to find a bit of tit
etc, rather than just getting a dead channel number.

Old August 10th 17, 08:21 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Well, True Christmas normally replaces one of the others, like True movies.

I also suspect that the constant renaming of channels but with similar
content is a ruse to make it impossible for them to be forced to after Audio
description.

The films Sony Movies put out nearly all have AD in the cinema versions and
on dvd, so it would I'd have thought be very difficult to justify their
current lack of this feature on any film they screen.

What is the matter with these people?

Old August 11th 17, 07:46 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Well turning on my set top box yesterday said in a gruff synthetic voice.
Alert. On the 16th August, you may find changes to your cchannels and have
to make adjustments blah blah.
So one assumes this is the date they are removing all the clutter, unless
its another round of changes on top of the last ones that is.

news

Old August 11th 17, 09:50 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
John Hall[_2_]

In message , Brian Gaff
writes
Anyone know when all the dummy old channels will go away on Freeview?

A more important question is when will the channels for dummies be
removed.
--
John Hall
"Three o'clock is always too late or too early
Old August 11th 17, 03:09 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Wednesday, 9 August 2017 09:14:07 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
Anyone know when all the dummy old channels will go away on Freeview?

Typically they won't, but will be replace by dumb channels - e.g. shopping, religion etc...