Retune, the son of

Old August 5th 17, 09:45 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Retune, the son of

Does anyone know when all the stilly markers will be removed from the
channel list the ones that say this xxx has moved?
It might be worth me waiting till then to see if Ican get my odd channels
on the local mux to fall back in line with where they were before.

Old August 6th 17, 10:31 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Pete Forman[_2_]

[top posted for Brian]

a516's FAQ has this to say.

3. When are all these "channels have moved" slates going to be removed?

The BBC's Senior Distribution Manager Neil Walker says the the holding
slides for BBC services will be removed after two weeks.

Freeview has been advising users on social media that the adult redirect
slates will be there until early September.

http://www.a516digital.com/2017/08/f...gust-2017.html

--
Pete Forman
https://payg-petef.rhcloud.com
Old August 14th 17, 12:42 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Maurice[_3_]

On Sat, 05 Aug 2017 09:45:16 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:

It might be worth me waiting till then to see if Ican get my odd
channels on the local mux to fall back in line with where they were
before.

Using the TV's SD Freeview only when 2 Freesat programs are being
recorded, yesterday I switched to Freeview and did an AutoTune.
But when then I selected '3' to get SD ITV1, it said 'No signal' (same
with Ch.5 & Ch.5), although I could get BBC1 and BBC2 and e.g. ITV3.

What's happened to ITV1?

(Near Hindhead, on Hants/Surrey border)

--
/\/\aurice
Old August 14th 17, 04:19 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

"Maurice" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 05 Aug 2017 09:45:16 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:

It might be worth me waiting till then to see if Ican get my odd
channels on the local mux to fall back in line with where they were
before.

Using the TV's SD Freeview only when 2 Freesat programs are being
recorded, yesterday I switched to Freeview and did an AutoTune.
But when then I selected '3' to get SD ITV1, it said 'No signal'
(same
with Ch.5 & Ch.5), although I could get BBC1 and BBC2 and e.g. ITV3.

What's happened to ITV1?

(Near Hindhead, on Hants/Surrey border)

--

You need to rescan the channel carrying PSB2 as that carries those
stations.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old August 14th 17, 06:10 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Maurice[_3_]

On Mon, 14 Aug 2017 16:19:09 +0100, Woody wrote:

You need to rescan the channel carrying PSB2 as that carries those
stations.

OIC.
So will go into Manual Tuning and see if I can find PSB2 there.
{Not familiar with that, but only one way...)

Watch this space...

--
/\/\aurice
Old August 14th 17, 06:35 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Maurice[_3_]

On Mon, 14 Aug 2017 17:10:29 +0000, I wrote:

will go into Manual Tuning and see if I can find PSB2 there.

In Digital Manual Tuning I can only see:

Scan type Channel
-------- -------
Channel 59

Scan up
Scan down

Can't see any thing about PSB2 or how to find it's channel.

If I scan up or down, it finds various programmes on various channels

Is it just a case of doing that until "ITV1" pops up?

(What kind of channel number is it likely to be?!)

This is on a Sony Bravia KDL 37EX503.

--
/\/\aurice (Retired on Hants/Surrey border)
Old August 14th 17, 07:26 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Maurice[_3_]

On Mon, 14 Aug 2017 17:35:35 +0000, I wrote:

Is it just a case of doing that until "ITV1" pops up?

(What kind of channel number is it likely to be?!)

OK - fiinally twigged how it works and nailed it!

It was Channel 56 that had SD 'ITV'.

Thank you!
Regards,
--
/\/\aurice
Old August 14th 17, 07:40 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

"Maurice" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 14 Aug 2017 17:35:35 +0000, I wrote:

Is it just a case of doing that until "ITV1" pops up?

(What kind of channel number is it likely to be?!)

OK - fiinally twigged how it works and nailed it!

It was Channel 56 that had SD 'ITV'.

Thank you!
Regards,
--

You are clearly using Midhurst transmitter, so this site will show you
all the channel details.

https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/midhurst

Old August 15th 17, 12:40 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Maurice[_3_]

On Mon, 14 Aug 2017 19:40:18 +0100, Woody wrote:

his site will show you all the channel details.

https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/midhurst

Handy site, though I could see no mention of 'Channel 56', where I found
ITV1.

Thinking of trying a complete channel reset, as described there.

Many thanks!
Regards,
--
/\/\aurice
Old August 15th 17, 01:01 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Maurice wrote:

Woody wrote:

https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/midhurst

Handy site

contains as much speculation as information :-(

though I could see no mention of 'Channel 56', where I found
ITV1.

it does mention it "C56 (754.0MHz)"