So retune day ishere..

Old August 2nd 17, 08:45 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default So retune day ishere..

Should I expect it now or wait till tonight?

Old August 2nd 17, 08:46 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Brian Gaff wrote:

Should I expect it now or wait till tonight?

mid-day on the wednesday is traditional, isn't it?
Old August 2nd 17, 08:53 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
NY

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Brian Gaff wrote:

Should I expect it now or wait till tonight?

mid-day on the wednesday is traditional, isn't it?

It would be very useful if the publicity for these retune events gave a time
when the change was going to be implemented, so you knew when to retune.

"Retune on 2 August" could mean any time from 00:00 to 23:59 on 2 August.

Do all the channels stay in the same multiplexes (but change their LCNs) in
this retune, or are any channels changing multiplex?

Old August 2nd 17, 09:02 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

NY wrote:

Do all the channels stay in the same multiplexes (but change their LCNs) in
this retune, or are any channels changing multiplex?

I'd guess it's just LCN shuffling and one extra internet stream channel
added this time

http://www.a516digital.com/p/freeview-channel-changes-2nd-august-2017.html

Old August 2nd 17, 09:39 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

On 02/08/2017 09:53, NY wrote:
"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Brian Gaff wrote:

Should I expect it now or wait till tonight?

mid-day on the wednesday is traditional, isn't it?

It would be very useful if the publicity for these retune events gave a
time when the change was going to be implemented, so you knew when to
retune.

"Retune on 2 August" could mean any time from 00:00 to 23:59 on 2 August.

I tried just before 10am and it hasn't happened yet...

--
Max Demian
Old August 2nd 17, 09:49 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Alan White[_3_]

On Wed, 2 Aug 2017 10:39:51 +0100, Max Demian
wrote:

I tried just before 10am and it hasn't happened yet...

The ticker tape on BBC News was saying midday.

--
Alan White
Mozilla Firefox and Forte Agent.
Old August 2nd 17, 10:09 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]

On 02/08/2017 09:53, NY wrote:

Do all the channels stay in the same multiplexes (but change their LCNs)
in this retune, or are any channels changing multiplex?

Nothing changes mux I think, but there is a tweak to the SI data for
Caradon Hill COM 7 that will require a retune to carry on receiving that
mux in that area.

Dumbed down version of above on the BBC Website:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/engineeringnews/item49

--
Mark