So retune day ishere..

Old August 3rd 17, 12:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
NY

Default So retune day ishere..

"Davey" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 3 Aug 2017 11:00:33 +0100
Andy Burns wrote:

Davey wrote:

BBC News, which used to be on Freeview 130, has been moved, but it
gives you no idea where to.

I think the vacated BBC channels display an MHEG after a few seconds
summarising the changes, I've deleted them now.

Ah! I'll give that a shot before I do my re-re-tune. Do you have to
tune to one of those channels to see the notice?

Yes you do.

Here is the MHEG: http://i.imgur.com/XsxkibP.png (grr, postimage.org has
started to block my IP address so I've had to find another image-upload
site).

For the benefit for Brian, it says "Some BBC services have moved", and gives
a list of CBBC, CBeebies (SD and HD versions of those two), BBC News and BBC
Parliament with their new LCNs.

Some of the streaming channels were less informative: their MHEG said that
they had moved to a stated range but didn't list the individual LCNs that
had been allocated to each channel in that range - about as useful as the
spoken announcement on the BBC page.

Brian, in case you need a list of the new channels, they a

CBBC 201
CBeebies 202
CITV 203
CBBC HD 204
CBeebies HD 205

BBC News 231
BBC Parliament 232
Red Button Text 250

Old August 3rd 17, 12:56 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Duncanson

On Thu, 3 Aug 2017 11:03:45 +0100, Davey wrote:

On Thu, 3 Aug 2017 11:00:33 +0100
Andy Burns wrote:

Davey wrote:

BBC News, which used to be on Freeview 130, has been moved, but it
gives you no idea where to.

I think the vacated BBC channels display an MHEG after a few seconds
summarising the changes, I've deleted them now.

Ah! I'll give that a shot before I do my re-re-tune. Do you have to
tune to one of those channels to see the notice?

Yes.

If you go to, for example, Ch 130 there will be text giving the channel
numbers for:

CBBC Ch 201
CBeebies Ch 202
CBBC HD Ch 204
CBeebies HD Ch 205
BBC News Ch 231
BBC Parliament Ch 232
Red Button Text Ch 250

The non-BBC channels in those two groups, Children and News, have moved
with them.

CITV Ch 203
POP Ch 206

Sky News Ch 233
RT Ch 234

--
Peter Duncanson
(in uk.tech.digital-tv)
Old August 3rd 17, 01:08 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
MR

On Wednesday, 2 August 2017 09:45:16 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
Should I expect it now or wait till tonight?

Those of us with Humax Fox HDR T2 custom firmware using the "renumber" package will have to it all again.

Why haven't they put the HD channels on to 1, 2, 3, 4, 5? - that's the first thing I do when I retune.

MR
Old August 3rd 17, 02:17 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

On Thu, 03 Aug 2017 12:56:51 +0100
Peter Duncanson wrote:

Ah! I'll give that a shot before I do my re-re-tune. Do you have to
tune to one of those channels to see the notice?

Yes.

If you go to, for example, Ch 130 there will be text giving the
channel numbers for:

Yes, indeed. But I had to wait there longer than I would normally wait
before it came up. It's too late now, but would it have come up at
all if I had just left it on the EPG?

--
Davey.
Old August 3rd 17, 04:54 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

On 3 Aug 2017 13:18:46 GMT, Huge wrote:

My Samsung telly says it can store my custom channel sequence onto a
memory stick and restore it later but it never seems to work and I
have to implement all the changes again.

You can store it very easily from the screen onto a smartphone.
Likewise any preset recording info.

That's because it's Samsung, and therefore ****.

I use a Samsung phone for the above. It's not ****.

Old August 3rd 17, 07:38 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Yellow wrote:

What is changing?

Certainly not much variation across the BBC "local" radio stations,
at the moment the same chap (Georgey Spanswick? Google seems to
think it should be a woman) seems to be on

BBC Derby
BBC Northampton
BBC Lincolnshire
BBC Leicester
BBC Nottingham
BBC Coventry & Warwickshire
BBC Hereford & Worcester
BBC Humberside
BBC Norfolk
BBC Sheffield
BBC Stoke
BBC West Midlands

Which is all that I receive, are there other presenters in different
local groups, or is it effectively a national show?

Georgey (as in Georgina) Spanswick is most definitely a woman, ex BBC
Radio York and before that BBC Radio Leeds. Actually not a bad
broadcaster compared with many.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old August 4th 17, 12:04 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

On 3 Aug 2017 16:24:54 GMT, Huge wrote:

My Samsung telly says it can store my custom channel sequence onto a
memory stick and restore it later but it never seems to work and I
have to implement all the changes again.

You can store it very easily from the screen onto a smartphone.
Likewise any preset recording info.

That's because it's Samsung, and therefore ****.

I use a Samsung phone for the above. It's not ****.

Until the day it burns your house down, anyway.

Anything with a lithium battery could burn your house down. They have
a very low internal resistance and contain more than enough energy to
start a fire. All it takes is the wrong kind of physical damage.

Old August 4th 17, 01:06 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

On Thu, 3 Aug 2017 05:08:36 -0700 (PDT)
MR wrote:

Those of us with Humax Fox HDR T2 custom firmware using the
"renumber" package will have to it all again.

I use the Custom Firmware, but have never bothered with renumbering.

--
Davey.