BBC news coverage of the Passchendaele centenary.

Old August 3rd 17, 12:51 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
charles[_2_]

Default BBC news coverage of the Passchendaele centenary.

In article ,
Chris Hogg wrote:
On Thu, 3 Aug 2017 11:05:02 +0100, Davey
wrote:

On Wed, 02 Aug 2017 09:36:15 +0100
Chris Hogg wrote:

g and t being adjacent on the
keyboard.

And also short for a different drink.

Much favoured in naval wardrooms, I believe, rather than grog.

I suspect in Army Messes, too. I had two uncles in the regular Army. G&T
was their drink (mostly gin).

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Old August 3rd 17, 02:15 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Martin wrote:

Chris Hogg wrote:

Davey wrote:

Chris Hogg wrote:

g and t being adjacent on the keyboard.

And also short for a different drink.

Much favoured in naval wardrooms, I believe, rather than grog.

and by the preserved in alcohol late Queen Mother allegedly.

Thought that was G&D, not G&T?
Old August 3rd 17, 08:07 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Vir Campestris

On 02/08/2017 10:03, Chris Hogg wrote:
I find your comments nit-picking, trivial and pathetic, particularly
in the light of the terrible event that was being commemorated.

WE were all watching. WE all remember.

They shall not grow old, as we that are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them, not the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, we will remember them.

Andy
Old August 3rd 17, 09:30 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
johnt

Chris Hogg wrote:

g and t being adjacent on the
keyboard.

And also short for a different drink.

Much favoured in naval wardrooms, I believe, rather than grog.

and by the preserved in alcohol late Queen Mother allegedly.
--

Martin in Zuid Holland

I think that it is a "well known fact" that she enjoyed a glass or three of
gin but she did live until the age of 101.

--
JohnT