Aerial overhang

Old July 28th 17, 06:51 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Aerial overhang

I was just wondering how the law might see a pole fastened to a convenient
fence post in my garden fence line at the bottom with an aerial on it. The
point is that it would point out toward the back alley overhanging it. Apart
from the temptation for the local yobs to attempt to damage it, does this
sort of thing contravene any laws? I as as if you have aerials on chimneys
or gable ends one often finds that they have to point out and overhang other
properties or public roads, albeit very high up.

Old July 28th 17, 07:20 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Crosland

On 28/07/2017 07:51, Brian Gaff wrote:
I was just wondering how the law might see a pole fastened to a convenient
fence post in my garden fence line at the bottom with an aerial on it. The
point is that it would point out toward the back alley overhanging it. Apart
from the temptation for the local yobs to attempt to damage it, does this
sort of thing contravene any laws? I as as if you have aerials on chimneys
or gable ends one often finds that they have to point out and overhang other
properties or public roads, albeit very high up.

It is trespass. Simples!

--
Peter Crosland

Reply address is valid
Old July 28th 17, 07:40 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Robin[_8_]

Things that overhang another person's property without permission are a
trespass.

In practice a lot depends on who owns the alley and who uses it. But an
aerial there will be visible and unusual. And if it is low enough to
tempt the local yobs it may also be low enough to be hit by people
carrying adders or other stuff along the alley.

As you probably know there are also limits on the number and sizes of
aerials you can lawfully fit without planning permission.

On 28/07/2017 07:51, Brian Gaff wrote:
I was just wondering how the law might see a pole fastened to a convenient
fence post in my garden fence line at the bottom with an aerial on it. The
point is that it would point out toward the back alley overhanging it. Apart
from the temptation for the local yobs to attempt to damage it, does this
sort of thing contravene any laws? I as as if you have aerials on chimneys
or gable ends one often finds that they have to point out and overhang other
properties or public roads, albeit very high up.

Robin
Old July 28th 17, 07:41 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Robin wrote:

it may also be low enough to be hit by people
carrying adders or other stuff along the alley.

Snakes on a Lane? IGMC ...
Old July 28th 17, 10:23 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Well at least its not my typos this time.
Going back though back in the 70s I had a 15ft mast on the chimney with a
rota fm array, and uhf log periodic, and below the rotator a two boom 18
eel array pointing at Hannington for South itv.
I took it down when it started to fall to bits, but I went to the council
at the time and they said if the neighbours were happy they had no need to
worry.
They were except one little old lady from down the street who sent the
police round after it had been up nearly a year as she though it might be
that I was a spy. Quite how that logic worked I don't know, as a spy would
surely not advertise the fact by shoving up a big aerial, wood they?

Old July 28th 17, 10:38 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Robin[_8_]

On 28/07/2017 08:41, Andy Burns wrote:
Robin wrote:

it may also be low enough to be hit by people
carrying adders or other stuff along the alley.

Snakes on a Lane? IGMC ...

Sorry about that. I don't know how the l the l was subtracted ;(

--
Robin
Old July 28th 17, 11:35 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

This is one for Bill really. I wonder where he has got to - been very
quiet of late without him.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old July 28th 17, 12:19 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 28/07/2017 08:40, Robin wrote:

In practice a lot depends on who owns the alley and who uses it. But an
aerial there will be visible and unusual. And if it is low enough to
tempt the local yobs it may also be low enough to be hit by people
carrying adders or other stuff along the alley.

Surely they'd coil the adder up before carrying it.

Old July 28th 17, 12:21 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 2017-07-28, Woody wrote:
This is one for Bill really. I wonder where he has got to - been very
quiet of late without him.

He's trolling elsewhere.

You **** off, you ****

I remain your respectful and obedient servant,
Wm Wright Esq