Aerial overhang

Old July 29th 17, 10:43 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Robin[_8_]

Default Aerial overhang

I top-posted because Brian started this thread, is blind and as I
understand it prefers that.

snip
[Reformatted to Usenet norms]

--
Robin
Old July 29th 17, 10:58 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

On 29/07/2017 11:22, Roderick Stewart wrote:
All this reminds me of an even cheesier joke from my childhood (though
it may be doing the rounds in Christmas crackers even now).

Q Why didn't the viper viper nose?
A Because the adder adder ankerchief.

Q. Why did the fly fly?
A. Because the spider spied her.

Q. Why did the bull rush?
A. Because the cow slipped.

There are a few others I forget.

--
Max Demian
Old July 29th 17, 11:46 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Eddie King[_2_]

Am 29.07.2017 um 12:58 schrieb Max Demian:
On 29/07/2017 11:22, Roderick Stewart wrote:
All this reminds me of an even cheesier joke from my childhood (though
it may be doing the rounds in Christmas crackers even now).

Q Why didn't the viper viper nose?
A Because the adder adder ankerchief.

Q. Why did the fly fly?
A. Because the spider spied her.

Q. Why did the bull rush?
A. Because the cow slipped.

There are a few others I forget.

might be time to get your coats :-)
Old July 29th 17, 01:04 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David[_14_]

On Sat, 29 Jul 2017 11:13:31 +0100, Robin wrote:

Was that a lack of a documented easement to use the whole alley?

snip

According to Gurgle a documented easement is a turn on top of a letter.

I may have used the wrong web site though.

Anyone seen my coat?

---

Old July 29th 17, 02:52 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

On 29/07/2017 09:41, Brian Gaff wrote:
I wonder what the insertion loss of a two adder system is?

It depends on the physical characteristics of the male adder.
Old July 29th 17, 03:09 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

On 29/07/2017 10:32, David Woolley wrote:
On 28/07/17 08:20, Peter Crosland wrote:
It is trespass. Simples!

Not so simple[s]. Often the adjacent properties own the alley up to the
mid-way line, in which case it might breach a right of way over the
alley, but would not be a trespass, as long as it didn't extend beyond
the actual boundary of the property.

The key thing to find out is who owns the land over which your aerial
will overhang. If it is not yours, then an agreement from the owner
that they accept the overhang will remove the risk that you could be
sued for trespass at a later date. Land ownership extends an "up to the
sky" limit from the ground, so the height of the trespass is not a
significant factor.

Trespass is a civil offence and the amount you have to pay if
successfully sued is the lower of what the claimant asks for and what
the judge thinks is reasonable. I know somebody who overhung a boundary
by 3 inches over an 11 ft distance, and was subsequently sued.
The judge assessed this as £1800 of damages.

Old July 29th 17, 05:41 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

On 29/07/2017 12:46, Eddie King wrote:
Am 29.07.2017 um 12:58 schrieb Max Demian:
On 29/07/2017 11:22, Roderick Stewart wrote:
All this reminds me of an even cheesier joke from my childhood (though
it may be doing the rounds in Christmas crackers even now).

Q Why didn't the viper viper nose?
A Because the adder adder ankerchief.

Q. Why did the fly fly?
A. Because the spider spied her.

Q. Why did the bull rush?
A. Because the cow slipped.

There are a few others I forget.

might be time to get your coats :-)

Q. Why did the owl, owl?
A. Because the woodpecker would peck 'er!

--
Max Demian
Old July 29th 17, 07:34 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Oh just tell Huge to **** off. He's like a dead cow's vagina.

Old July 30th 17, 07:47 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
johnt

"Indy Jess John" wrote in message
[...]

Jim

Aircraft often fly directly over my house as I live on the approach path to
an airport.
Does that mean that I may sue Airlines for trespass or, better still,
demand the aerial equivalent of ground rent from them?

--
JohnT

Old July 30th 17, 08:17 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Robin[_8_]

On 30/07/2017 20:47, johnt wrote:

Does that mean that I may sue Airlines for trespass or, better still,
demand the aerial equivalent of ground rent from them?

Given cases from Pickering v Rudd [1815] EWHC KB J43 through Bernstein
v Skyviews & General Ltd 1977] EWHC QB 1 plus s.76 Civil Aviation Act
1982 I suggest you've a better chance of success selling snowballs in hell.

--
Robin