Aerial overhang

Old July 28th 17, 04:36 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Aerial overhang

On 28/07/2017 12:35, Woody wrote:
This is one for Bill really. I wonder where he has got to - been very
quiet of late without him.

I've been around but I couldn't really contribute much to recent
discussions.

People do occasionally object to the neighbour's roof aerial overhanging
their property. Usually it's because they already have a grudge and are
just looking for trouble.

Sometimes the birds will sit on an aerial and drop their **** onto the
patio below. That will obviously get a complaint if the patio belongs to
next door.

In the early days people in private semis would often object to the
lashing wire going around the joint chimney stack. This was usually
because they were jealous of their neighbour's telly. It led to some
very odd installations.

Brian, I wouldn't overhang the alley unless your aerial is really high.
Usually it's possible to offset the array on the mast so it doesn't
overhang. It might need a strong mast because of the uneven load.
Alternatively one guy wire might help.

Years ago I needed to get an overhead cable from one council estate to
another. The cable would be above the corner of the garden of a private
house (just), but very high because it would be from one tall block to
another. The guy objected, so we put a telegraph pole on the council
land opposite the end of his garden. This must have been an eyesore but
he never complained; just as well because we didn't have PP.

Old July 28th 17, 08:43 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 28/07/2017 18:00, Brian Gaff wrote:
Fangs anyway.
Did you know that snakes only had one Lung?
Brian

There was a person on our street when I was a kid called One Lung Benny.
At least that was our appellation. How did we know? There were X Ray
glasses on the front of the Beano, that's how.

Old July 29th 17, 02:41 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mike Tomlinson[_2_]

En el artículo , Robin
escribió:

it may also be low enough to be hit by people
carrying adders or other stuff along the alley.

That might cause them to have a hissy fit.

--
(\_/)
(")_(") the one I never tried before." - Mae West
Old July 29th 17, 09:39 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

I have some ultrasonic Glasses here. Very handy for people like me. This is
what you get if you put a car reversing warning device and a phone vibrator
and a lithium battery in a pair of sunglasses.

news

Old July 29th 17, 09:41 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

I wonder what the insertion loss of a two adder system is?

Old July 29th 17, 10:32 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David Woolley[_2_]

On 28/07/17 08:20, Peter Crosland wrote:
It is trespass. Simples!

Not so simple[s]. Often the adjacent properties own the alley up to the
mid-way line, in which case it might breach a right of way over the
alley, but would not be a trespass, as long as it didn't extend beyond
the actual boundary of the property.

Incidentally, if they alley is not owned it this way, it is likely that
it was owned by the developer, who has long since disappeared, which is
generally not a good position to be in, if, for example, repair work is
needed. On the other hand, the bona vacantia people in The Government
Legal Department aren't going to be worried about the trespass.
Old July 29th 17, 11:13 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Robin[_8_]

Was that a lack of a documented easement to use the whole alley?

Anyhow, replacing "trespass" with "obstruction of a right of way"
doesn't seem to me to help Brian a lot.

It may well not be a practical issue either way. But we just done know
how tall a post he had in mind; or what is carried along the alley. If
it's a public right of way it may be used by the local pole vaulters or
caber ******* to and from their practice.

On 2017-07-29, David Woolley wrote:
On 28/07/17 08:20, Peter Crosland wrote:
It is trespass. Simples!

Not so simple[s]. Often the adjacent properties own the alley up to the
mid-way line, in which case it might breach a right of way over the
alley, but would not be a trespass, as long as it didn't extend beyond
the actual boundary of the property.

Incidentally, if they alley is not owned it this way, it is likely that
it was owned by the developer, who has long since disappeared, which is
generally not a good position to be in, if, for example, repair work is
needed.

OTOH, owning half each isn't that good. It caused problems when we sold
my M-I-L's house.

--
Robin
Old July 29th 17, 11:22 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

All this reminds me of an even cheesier joke from my childhood (though
it may be doing the rounds in Christmas crackers even now).

Q Why didn't the viper viper nose?
A Because the adder adder ankerchief.

Rod.