Top tip

Old July 14th 17, 04:06 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Top tip

If you're going on your bike to put a notice on the village noticeboard
don't put the drawing pins in your back pocket.

Old July 14th 17, 04:40 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
The Other John[_2_]

On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 17:06:33 +0100, Bill Wright wrote:

If you're going on your bike to put a notice on the village noticeboard
don't put the drawing pins in your back pocket.

Bill

Sounds more like a bottom tip! I'll get me coat!

--
TOJ.
Old July 14th 17, 07:44 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Field

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
news
If you're going on your bike to put a notice on the village noticeboard
don't put the drawing pins in your back pocket.

When I was at school, the prefects were a bit heavy handed rounding us up
after playtime - a few drawing pins along the top of my back pockets worked
wonders.

Old July 15th 17, 09:03 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Hmm unless you are a masochist.

I guess the community notice board gets forgotten these days now all these
social media web sites do much the same thing.

Old July 15th 17, 09:06 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

There are lots of things not to do that become apparent with hindsight. for
example when I could see it often became apparent that the only way to
solder a particularly dry earth joint in a vintage bit of electronics was to
lean it on its side and stand up to do the work. However if you are then
going to sit down one should and indeed normally would, check the seat for
hot solder blobs. I failed to do this, just the once..

news