Freeview Explore

Old July 13th 17, 03:36 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Freeview Explore

This sounds like Facebook for tv viewers.

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
news
On 13/07/2017 13:40, Indy Jess John wrote:
On 13/07/2017 08:22, Jeff Layman wrote:
I missed this a few weeks ago:
https://www.freeview.co.uk/news-and-blog/press-releases/freeview-play-users-to-get-even-more-from-their-tv-with-launch-of-freeview-explore.html

The only drawback to this is that someone chooses the category and their
opinion might not be mine.

Is "Watchdog" categorised as Factual or Lifestyle, for instance

Will they have a category called "Leftist/liberal/metropolitan
propaganda"? If so they'll have to sub-divide it or there's be too many
programmes in it.
Possible sub-categories:
"Downright lies"
"Opinion presented as fact"
"Appeals to authority"
"Censorship by omission"
"Unlikely leftist opinions in the mouths of drama characters"
"Black actors taking roles where blackness is most unlikely"
"Good upright moral female characters surrounded by despicable weak men"
"Panel show guests who know which side their bread is buttered."
"Stuffing audiences with left wing lunatics"

Old July 13th 17, 06:47 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Richard Tobin" wrote in message
Max Demian wrote:

"Freeview Explore will roll out on Freeview Play TVs and set-top boxes
this month and paves the way for Freeview to build a deeper relationship
with viewers. From today, users can search for programmes by genre or
programme name. [...]

My old(ish) Humax Fox can search for programmes in the EPG by name
(actually substring) or genre, and also has an (annoying) recommendation
feature (that I can't turn off). So what's new?

Presumably you will be able to search for programmes on the "catch-up"
services as well as future broadcasts.

hummy have just updated my box so that it includes catch up in searches for
programs

and broken the searches for broadcast programs as part of the process -
*******s!!!!!

-- Richard

Old July 13th 17, 11:14 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Richard Tobin

In article ,
Jeff Layman wrote:

That was my assumption too. The problem with Panasonic is that they have
never had the facility to search an EPG!

My 2010(?) Panasonic TV has.

What model?

TX-P42VT20B.

I have a TX37LZD85 from 2009 (IIRC) and a TX-55CX680B from
early last year. Neither has a search facility, and, more annoyingly,
neither does the DMR-HWT130 PVR. I understand that some of its Freesat
TV's have searchable EPGs.

It does Freesat as well as Freeview. Both EPGs are searchable.

-- Richard