channel line-up

Old July 14th 17, 12:16 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

Default channel line-up

On Thu, 13 Jul 2017 08:35:34 +0100
"tim..." wrote:

I select a channel by its name not a number

I don't know how to do that on any of my Freeview receivers. How do
you choose between BBC1, BBC1 HD, BBC2, BBC2 HD, BBC4 and BBC4 HD
without at least 4 button pushes?
But '1' gets me BBC1, '19' gets me Yesterday, etc, so that suits
me just fine. An occasional retune, although a pain, is worth doing if
it restores familiar channel numbers.
I never bother with Favourites, that's just another layer of
complication.

--
Davey.
Old July 14th 17, 11:02 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

news
"tim..." wrote:

I select a channel by its name not a number

I mean when I read a listings mag to decide what to watch

obviously I have to key a number into my box to get to that channel

but I don't give a toss what that number is

tim

Old August 3rd 17, 06:02 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
Well some of us have to retune as we still use numbers.

you still can use the numbers

you just have to use the numbers that you remember from the beginning of the
week

not the ones that you read in next week's RT

tim