BBC Iplayer autoplay

Old July 9th 17, 07:09 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Richmond[_2_]

Default BBC Iplayer autoplay

How do I switch off autoplay on the iplayer website?

Somewhere in the help I saw something which said you can turn it off in
the iplayer settings, but I can't see any iplayer settings.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer

(Autoplay is whatever makes the next episode play without asking).
Old July 10th 17, 06:44 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Their new site is a pain in the bum. I find that it does several things I do
not want. Firstly it insists on suggesting other things to watch. It also
plays as soon as you log in or accept whatever conditions it wants to give
you to agree to, and then when its done goes off and plays some other show
you never asked for afterwards. Indeed often it does not even allow you to
select AD properly its so crazy on giving you the content.
It has about as much sense as a bucket of snails, compared to the old
version with its properly labelled ways to watch and tools section you could
go to by headers and turn on an option and then do the deed of agreeing
signing in etc.
come on bbc, get your collective acts to gather and stop fixing things that
are not broken in the first place
They have also managed to screw up the bbc news briefing of the Amazon
Echo. the news has been stuck for three days, no doubt because some flag
that skill uses is no longer there or has changed.
Also my I player radio downloading software has ceased to work on World
service, stopping at about 95 percent of the download for ever.
When you ask them about such things and broken links they just send the
standard platitudes of we strive for the best customer experience jabber
bull****, implying that its your fault for not falling into the sort of
consumer they are targeting.
They don't actually say that but the attitude is definitely we serve the
masses you don't matter kind of thing.

Old July 10th 17, 08:04 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
Their new site is a pain in the bum. I find that it does several things I
do not want. Firstly it insists on suggesting other things to watch.

such the the modern "social" way of doing things

you've got the snowflake generation to blame for this

tim