2001: A Space Odyssey

Old July 8th 17, 02:52 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

Default 2001: A Space Odyssey

On 2017-07-08, Phi wrote:
BBC2 @11:15

Seen it 47 times already.

presume you therefore have the DVD (or other personal recorded form)

because it sure as hell hasn't been on the TV that frequently

tim

Old July 8th 17, 03:01 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Phi

BBC2 @11:15
Old July 8th 17, 03:35 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Phi

On 2017-07-08, Phi wrote:
BBC2 @11:15

Seen it 47 times already.

--
Today is Prickle-Prickle, the 43rd day of Confusion in the YOLD 3183
I don't have an attitude problem.

Have you seen it in '70 Cinerama' ?

Old July 8th 17, 03:36 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sat, 8 Jul 2017 14:52:51 +0100, "tim..."

On 2017-07-08, Phi wrote:
BBC2 @11:15

Seen it 47 times already.

presume you therefore have the DVD (or other personal recorded form)

because it sure as hell hasn't been on the TV that frequently

Huge only needs to record it once to view it many times.

If I kept stuff that I had recorded to watch again I would be on by 25th PVR

tim

Old July 8th 17, 03:49 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Robin[_8_]

On 2017-07-08, Phi wrote:

I have no idea. I wasn't joking about the number of times I've seen it (in
fact, it's more than that, because I stopped counting at 47), so I may well
have.

I think that's very impressive. But I know purists who'd say it all
depends on whether it's the version with music to a black screen before
and after the film and credits *and* you watch that too

--
Robin
Old July 8th 17, 06:14 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

On 08/07/2017 14:36, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sat, 8 Jul 2017 14:01:05 -0000, "Phi" wrote:

BBC2 @11:15

Damn! I saw it twice in one week when it was first released, I was so
impressed. A couple of weeks ago, in a fit of nostalgia, I bought the
DVD.

I say again, damn!

My dad took me with him to see it at the cinema, not long after release.
I was only 6 or 7. I remember being amused (and the whole cinema
laughing) at the bit with 'BBC-12'

http://www.currybet.net/images/artic...1/30_bbc12.jpg

Other than that, I think I enjoyed the support film more, that was a Tom
and Jerry cartoon !

Seen a few times since, and I bought the remastered HD version on BluRay
disc about 5 years ago, I've not sat down to watch that yet, but I
caught our 25 year lad watching the disc one wet afternoon.

--
Mark
Old July 8th 17, 08:04 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

On 08/07/2017 19:54, Wolfgang Schwanke wrote:
Mark Carver wrote
in :

One thing that that TV showing BBC 12 I hope isn't coming (but might be
judging by the amount of mobile phone footage on TV) is portrait style
aspect ratios !

It's here. Not on television, but on advertising screens.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/5xtL1TjPYq0/maxresdefault.jpg

Well yes. Although for 'informational' use (such as that)
it makes logical sense. Hell, I even have a vertical third screen on my
desk at work. Great for seeing a whole email thread, or a typical err..
A4 document.

--
Mark
Old July 8th 17, 08:09 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Phi

"Mark Carver" wrote in message
[...]

I last saw it in 1968 at the Odeon Southampton, where they used three
synchronised 35 mm projectors onto a huge, deeply curved (146°) screen and
with surround sound. Very impressive indeed.