2001: A Space Odyssey

Old July 10th 17, 12:44 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Phi

Default A Space Odyssey

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
news
On 09/07/2017 11:09, Brian Gaff wrote:

No worries though I'll be reborn as a rat.
Brian

No you'll be a bat.

Bill

Posh people call it a Racquet.

Old July 10th 17, 09:19 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

Default 2001: A Space Odyssey

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
It has been on at least six times but nearly always late at night.

I haven't actively been looking for it (like I am with "Capote" [1], which
despite its Oscar winning performance doesn't seem to ever get a showing),
but I can't say that I have noticed it in the past, say, 10 years.

If I had I am sure that it would have found its way onto my record list like
it did this time.

tim

[1] - I don't need help with finding it, I did actually manage to find a
dodgy download and watched it, but I am still looking to see if it is ever
shown as an academic exercise. - Since I have been looking, that heap of
****e Synecdoche, New York (I have never got past the utter boredom of the
seemingly pointless first 20 minutes), has been on at least 4 times.

Old July 10th 17, 09:22 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

On 2017-07-08, Phi wrote:
BBC2 @11:15

Seen it 47 times already.

It was on TNT every day in the Sky analogue days. Every single day,
sometimes more than once per day. I doubt if even Carole Hersee got
more airtime!

Ah! on a channel behind a pay-wall, that explains it.

tim

Old July 10th 17, 11:44 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Martin" wrote in message
On Mon, 10 Jul 2017 09:22:55 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

. ..

On 2017-07-08, Phi wrote:
BBC2 @11:15

Seen it 47 times already.

It was on TNT every day in the Sky analogue days. Every single day,
sometimes more than once per day. I doubt if even Carole Hersee got
more airtime!

Ah! on a channel behind a pay-wall, that explains it.

It's been on Freesat before.

but not 47 times

tim

Old July 10th 17, 12:21 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Martin" wrote in message
On Mon, 10 Jul 2017 11:44:09 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 10 Jul 2017 09:22:55 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

m...

On 2017-07-08, Phi wrote:
BBC2 @11:15

Seen it 47 times already.

It was on TNT every day in the Sky analogue days. Every single day,
sometimes more than once per day. I doubt if even Carole Hersee got
more airtime!

Ah! on a channel behind a pay-wall, that explains it.

It's been on Freesat before.

but not 47 times

Only you seem to think anybody said it had been on 47 times.

No

I was (originally) just pointing out that saying "I have seen it 47 times"
is not a helpful comment when that was achieved by watching a bough DVD

tim

Old July 10th 17, 02:35 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_12_]

On Mon, 10 Jul 2017 09:22:55 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

.. .

On 2017-07-08, Phi wrote:
BBC2 @11:15

Seen it 47 times already.

It was on TNT every day in the Sky analogue days. Every single day,
sometimes more than once per day. I doubt if even Carole Hersee got
more airtime!

Ah! on a channel behind a pay-wall, that explains it.

tim

My bad, I'll rephrase that

It was on TNT every day in the 19.2E analogue days. Every single day,
sometimes more than once per day.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Old July 10th 17, 06:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Norman Wells" wrote in message
On 10/07/2017 09:22, tim... wrote:

"Yellow" wrote in message
T...
In article , says...

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sat, 8 Jul 2017 14:52:51 +0100, "tim..."

On 2017-07-08, Phi wrote:
BBC2 @11:15

Seen it 47 times already.

presume you therefore have the DVD (or other personal recorded form)

because it sure as hell hasn't been on the TV that frequently

Huge only needs to record it once to view it many times.

If I kept stuff that I had recorded to watch again I would be on by
25th PVR

I have 2 x 2TB drives.......

AIH, so do I

Can you enlighten me please? How long would it take to watch just one 2TB
worth of recorded programmes?

it's about 200, 2 hour long films, various genre.

I archived it in the period when there was only 3 or 4 rerun channels on
freeview and I used to work "few months on, few months off" so that I had
stuff to watch during the months off, if there was nothing that I wanted to
watch on a rerun channel (daytimes, I am never short of stuff to watch
evenings on the normal channels).

And then the months off disappeared for a couple of years and by the time
that they came back another dozen re-run channels had appeared on FV (not to
mention I upgraded to FS and got a few more) so now I have more stuff that I
want to watch "live" than I can manage.

But one day I might catch up :-)